1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Race Gets Which Class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

They are nothing more than bones covered in skin with a cat-like tail. Looks like I could kill an Aurin by sneezing on it.
    Baeldan likes this.
  2. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

Granok have to get both, or else they are boned in the class selection aspect. Mechari just make sense to have engineer, they are living machines... but if that picture of a mechari medic is true, then they would be getting both sides... and offset class/race combos. Humans get everything, because like in every fantasy and sci-fi setting, humans are the "most adaptable" race (which I think is utter bs, but meh). I would personally really love the aurin to get engineer, that way I can continue my trend of playing nature loving races and making them the most anti nature tech lovers (like my main WoW character: Hunter with a gun and maxed out engineering). Though medic does fit them more. Chua get engineer, that's a given. I don't think I would ever trust a chua medic, even if they do get that as a class option. Draken I could see with either, though like the mechari they should really only have 1 to keep things in perspective.

That about covers it, though I do want to say something about those screenshots: Those both holding the rifles may be engineer player characters... or they may be npcs that were handed rifles, because that's what standard frontline troops would be carrying around with them. Evidence of this is a great many of the fat pale skinned npc monsters have screenshots of them holding that exact same brown clad rifle. Show me screenshots where they are holding more advanced or different rifles, then I'll believe ya. But pics of different races carrying around the standard npc rifle only confirms there are npcs of that race in the world...
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I guess to no1's suprise i'll be a Chua medic (if possible) :sneaky:

Comon, what's more fun to shock someone with the peddles only to see they didn't had a cardiac arrest, but instead just had a splinter in their finger :D

When not sure....Shock away!
  4. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

even though their bigger and taller than a chua and as feirce as a two headed saber toothed thongalorian tiger...........:devilish:
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

We be fierce, feral critters. If the chua think they're chaotic in combat, the aurin will force them to redefine warfare. > : D
  6. Jabberwocky

What are you gonna do? Curl up in a ball on my lap and tickle my nose with your ears?
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Yes, and then gouge your eyes out and disembowel you while you're distracted by my cute cuddliness. Works every time.
  8. Jabberwocky

Only in your wildest dreams.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

It's been successful on countless chua. Although I could spare you the ruse and go for the kill right away. We're pretty efficient assassins and speed killers.
  10. Jabberwocky

[​IMG]
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I am going to bet that humans and cassians will get all classes available to them.
  12. Baeldan

Baeldan Cupcake-About-Town

Slightly offtopic but at this point I'm pretty sure they're just releasing footage of the medic and engineer on purpose. Far too many and too official sources for them to be by accident. I'm pretty certain they're putting these classes out there subtly to give the community something to look for and talk about.

Sidenote: It's adorable to see a Chua and Aurin argue about combat effectiveness. It's like when two mascots in animal suits fight at a sporting event. The actual players just stop and laugh.
    Domi Dayglow and Katu_Kath like this.
  13. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Cassian: "Oh darn, I stubbed me toe"

Chua Medic: "Time to amputate!"

Plus chua could have so many fun lines as a medic. Like, "I'm going to PRACTICE medicine" or "Sewing a stem dragon head to your shoulder will make you 30% more combat effective!"
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

I agree. I think Carbine likes teasing us and are taking their leaker problem with stride and have just decided to let it slide since there's nothing they can do about it when everyone knows about it.
  15. Talamh

Talamh New Cupcake

So, I've been mixing and matching class/race combos in terms of balance and here's my guesses.

Human: Warrior, Esper, Spellslinger, Stalker, Medic, Engineer
    Granok: Warrior, Medic, Engineer
    Aurin: Esper, Spellslinger, Stalker
    Mordesh: Warrior, Spellslinger, Stalker, Medic

Cassian: Warrior, Esper, Spellslinger, Stalker, Medic, Engineer
    Mechari: Warrior, Stalker, Medic
    Chua: Esper, Spellslinger, Engineer
    Draken: Warrior, Spellslinger, Stalker, Medic

The only real dilemma I had, was choosing whether to give Medics to the Draken or Engineers to the Mechari.

As other people have argued, giving Engineer to the mechari makes lore sense and would generally work balance wise (Exiles get 3 medics and 2 engineers, Dominion get 3 engineers and 2 medics); but this would give the mechari access to 3 tank classes and only 1 heals which strikes me as skewed.

So I decided to give the a medic placement to the Draken, instead. This balances out things in terms of factions. (Each side bets a big tank heavy race with a heal option: Granok and Mechari, a small furry heals based race, with a tank option: Chua and Aurin, a jack of all trades race: Humans/Cassians, and a mixed bag of heals and tanks: Mordesh and Draken)

The issue I'd guess people have with this is that the medic doesn't fit with the Draken, lore wise; But I'd argue, attaching large electric panels to your claws and wailing on your allies until their hearts restart (much like shooting them in the face) seems like a very Draken way of healing.
  16. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

But Draken engineer makes use of the lore between them and Chua where the chua make stuff for the draken to use. Since engineer can use big guns (supposedly)... Right now, I just want them to tell me so I can stop being frustrated about not knowing. lol