1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which side, young warrior! [Faction Poll]

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Nemeses, May 15, 2013.

?

Choose and be ....

Poll closed Jul 21, 2013.
  1. Dominion we are Superior!

43.6%
  2. Exile we are Sparta!

56.4%
  1. Sheogorin

Sheogorin Cupcake

its a serious conspiracy that need to be discussed over a glass of our finest wine indeed.
    My planet in about 2 days? Ill provide the entertainment and other beverages of course
    Nemeses likes this.
  2. Neurotic Cucpake

Neurotic Cucpake Cupcake-About-Town

It doesn't really matter to me, aside from racial selections. In any game that uses a faction-based mechanic, it's almost always players in the same faction as me that I'd want to kill.

And, honestly, that's the biggest problem with the whole concept.
    Nemeses likes this.
  3. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Well it still does as you still mostly build some kind of faction identity
  4. Castagere

Castagere New Cupcake

I knew the Exiles would keep pulling ahead. Hopefully the mystery race on the dominion side will bring more players to that side. Faction unbalance will suck at the start of the game. So far Dominion will get owned .
  5. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Exiles just seem more nice :D there not jerks like the dom.
  6. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

We are so gonna kick dominion scumbags' asses.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

I'm still leaning Exile with the <Zombidacted> but the Dominion keeps pulling my interest. Time will tell!
  8. Venom

Venom Cupcake

See the exiles holding on to their lead
  9. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

i am surprised that there are more exiles ... i guess people like to play conquerors... the exiles remind me of Gengas Khan's story and how he led his army to dominate china and a HUGE part of asia!
  10. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

i'll be Domion, but i think numbers will increase sooo much more, when the undead race is annuncead!
    I belive most wow players will pick up on Undead.
  11. Vox_Populi

Vox_Populi New Cupcake

Dominion here, and i'm glad Exiles currently have the higher number-more kill steal opportunities for me! \o/
    Chim and Luc like this.
  12. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

More like CLASSY-ANS! AMIRITE!?
    Lori and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  13. Mayoke Rin

Mayoke Rin New Cupcake

Dominion
  14. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

When my faction choice stays the same for more than a week, I will vote. :p
  15. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

I'm onboard the Dominion hype train if they can pull off the "Disney-kind of villain that is evil but also sort of stupid in a goofy sort of way". That would be pure gold. If they make 'em too nasty they will lose their charm, and then I'd rather join the Exiles.

The general setting of a faction is important, but in the end it's the races that make me decide and I really hope something to my liking comes along soon. So far it's just the mechari that looks really interesting to me, but I really dislike to play large characters. I really hope those small Gremlin-like creatures are the last Dominion race!
  16. Genoshock

how exactly are the dominion evil? check this thread http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/rachels-racial-roundup.4546/ to see what they really are
  17. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Maybe something to do with them hunting down humans who fled because they didn't like the dominion rule?
    Maybe something to do with them forcing the Aurin off their own home planet because they offered refuge to the humans?
    Maybe something to do with them Forcing the Granok off their home world because they wouldn't join the dominion?
    seems like they are complete <Redacted>s to me considering they just want to hound people and push them off their homeworld if they don't bend to the dominions will?
    Genoshock likes this.
  18. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

They are evil in the sense that the videos promoting the faction show ruling with fear (class room scene), a leader that talks in a classical "cartoony evil tone" and crushes the glass in his hands (Meet the Dominion?) and also a mechari blasting a random dude in the face for no apparent reason.

You can call that imperialistic if you want, but it's nasty enough to be considered a classic evil faction in my book.
  19. Genoshock

the
    1st of all the mechari had an airplane hit it ... if you were as bad ass as a mechari you would also be pissed off that the lower beings dont respect u.

Fear does not necessarily mean evil .... all armies in the world scare the living <REDACTED> out of their recruits does that make all of them evil? no they are neutral if anything

maybe something like normal amarican society that gives the death penalty for anyone that is guilty of treason? does that make all of america evil? if so does that make every single other country in the world that punishes treason also evil?

maybe something to do with other lesser countries that get the living snot kicked out of them for allowing the traitors safe refuge? if a whole group of people (millions in this case) betrayed america and they got asylum in another country... say spain then spain would be wiped off the face of the planet.. does that make america evil? no it doesnt they are making sure that thier own people do not suffer because of these traitors spilling military, infrastructural secret .... its a neutral reaction.

maybe something like forcing the american indians off thier own country because they didnt want to join these invading american (at the time european) scum? are you saying americans are evil for diplacing another society? howabout the romans or the greeks? english? french? russian? chinese? japanese? german? are they all evil? NO, its a neutral reaction when you are trying to increase the possible living space and resource of your nation.

seems they are actually pretty normal for an empirial society that is looking out for the well being of its own people... they try to assimilate the other races into their safety field but noooo who always pulls the 1st trigger !!!

the exiles are the bad guys if anything
  20. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

I like how you use America as an example for almost all of this, and i like how you try to use real world scenario's to convey what the laws are in a game. Anyone with half a brain can tell our real world justice system is well and truly <Redacted>.

If you want to use real world scenario's look at the refugee's who are landing on peoples shores on a daily basis right now in our world, are these people being hunted for looking for a new rule? are they being executed for leaving their country to look for a new life?

No, they are not. These people are being harbored in countries all over the world and shown safe haven. So all in all refugee's are being let go and accepted into different communities, so before you try use real life scenario to state a fact, try looking at an actual relevant point. For example, refugees in our world given the exiles are simply refugee's since the dominion want to be complete <Redacted>s.

The dominion are the spoiled kids who want to have everything go their way, have everything they say happen. And if it doesn't they chuck a tantrum and throw their weight around, and the exiles are simply races with a common fact, they were all bullied by the dominion and decided to take a stand.

Look at this from a school yard perspective, little Timmy, Johny, Alex and Tammy are being bullied seperately by this ''Group'' of 4 people, who group up against the individual each time, Timmy finds out Johny is being bullied too so decides to befriend him, Alex offers them some help in classes so he is associated with them too, they also find out Tammy is being bullied as well and again befriend her, making their own group of 4. These kids finally get sick of being bullied and realize their numbers are the same as those who have been bullying them, so they decide to stand up for themselves now that they are capable of doing so.

And this makes the 4 kids who were treated like <Redacted> the bad guys? ok, your logic is officially <Redacted>
    Genoshock, Nemeses and Xlugon Pyro like this.