1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

who hates always having to type..........

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I don't like using voice chat and won't use it except to overcome a group obstacle that requires in-fight coordination. At least that's the case woth PuGs.

If it's a guild I've been with for awhile, most of my guilds require voice chat due to the content they pursue and I'm okay with that. It's sort of necessary if you want to raid or PvP competitively. I'll even join a few guildies in chat for smaller activities like a few dungeon runs or queueing up for a battleground together. As long as I know and am comfortable talking to people, it's usually not a problem, but I will gladly endure the discomfort of having to type in the less active parts of the game if it means I can be more comfortable with my game time. I'm just not a social person, not to mention I'm very shy so I only like to use voice chat with those I know and for important content.
  2. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

For my guildmates and friends we'll just adopt a third party program. For random pickup groups and in world misc. chat the last thing I want to do is actually hear those people. The fact that I have to see their text can be painful enough, if I had to actually listen to it I might be forced to borrow my stalkers claws and shove them through my ears.
  3. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

I think one of the main reasons VOIP works so well on consoles compared to pc is exactly that, they are consoles. They are all identical. All on the same OS, all running the exact same systems etc etc. That is my understanding of the situation, although it is clearly limited.

If anyone else knows more i would be interested to hear about it.