1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Why the huge lack of information on healing

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ashiktara, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

I know we have pages and pages of stuff that is speculation and tiny bits and pieces found here and there. But I am yet to find a video or anything official in any sense that actually SHOWS healing in action. I am yet to see how either of the 2 healing classes work, which one is best for what if they work that way. It's a little frustrating... and all the info I've seen on specs don't even show healing either. It's as if healing is known to be broken for whatever reason or not working as intended so they just don't show it.

I am hoping this is the case and they dont pull a worgan on us! ( har har wow fans fem worgs were a terrible surprise )
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

The latest AMAA had a good portion of information on healing in it.
    Malisent and Gempulse like this.
  3. Eiderescole

Eiderescole New Cupcake

Yeah, the AMA had really decent info on healing. I'd say chill and at least wait for PAX before you start playing the broken card.
  4. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

well i have a good reason to complain. Aside from the UNFINISHED classes and races we pretty much get a good chunk of info on the other parts of the game. So thats why i was asking if healing is " in its current state" broken/unfinished because we know that spellslingers and espers can heal yet i see nothing about it anywhere on the internet.

I will go look at the amaa now to see if i can find info. However like i said Im not saying that healing will stay broken just that i think they had/have reason for not showing it... or they would. Healings a pretty big part of mmos
  5. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

They have been telling us things. Just there are a lot of ways to do heals and they are still working on things.
  6. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

k but what I'm saying is this. I can list of stalker abilities for tanking and dps. I can list of warrior abilities for tanking and dps. I can watch videos of gameplay examples.. Etc. The Esper shows off their dps but doesnt touch healing. The same goes for spellslinger

im just frustrated to possibly dedicate myself to a class i know nothing about.

But anyways i am on reddit and i don't see anything on healing. Is it just stated somewhere in one of the threads?
  7. Eiderescole

Eiderescole New Cupcake

I guess we just have different opinions on what good reason is. I thought the healing info shared recently was very informative, and, as a healer myself, I was fairly excited with the news.

I'd argue we don't really know how any class or roll works in the game yet. We've only seen a few abilities from anything.
  8. nomotog

This is from the reddi.

We allow players to specialize for healing, and healers have a variety of tools at their disposal. As a quick example:
    Do you prefer more Free Form (Skill Shot) heals or do you feel more comfortable with targeted heals? Do you want to add to your group's total damage output or would you rather focus on CC?
    As a healer you can build your Limited Action Set to fulfill any mixture of those roles.

Great question! Yes, a large portion of heal abilities will be telegraphed (we call this Freeform) and this is holding up very well in PVP. Landing these types of heal abilities give the caster quite a bit of satisfaction when landing that heal.
    Iā€™d also like to take a moment to illustrate a sample of the wide variety of telegraphed (Freeform) heals we already have:

• Aimed Telegraph ā€“ This is the type you are referring to in which you heal everyone in your telegraphed area shape. These shapes can be lines, cones, squares, circles, half-moons, rectangles, crosses, or any combination of those stacked on top of each other to make a new shape altogether.
    • Heal Nodes ā€“ This is an ability type where you can actually spawn healing nodes in the game space. Some of these may pulse healing/buffs in that telegraphed area for a period of time. Others may be consumed by the first friendly player to run to the node.
    • Movement-based ā€“ These types of abilities will actually cause your player to move across the telegraphed area (usually a line) and heal everyone in your path. This type of heal is great for getting away from enemies chasing you and healing your friends at the same time.
    Haversham, Aheadache and Malisent like this.
  9. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

we already knew this info its all posted in the other forums in various places. But thank you. I'll just go look around. I don't want to sound like im whining but idk just kinda stinks theres so much info on every other role so far announced; i am excited about healing i just wanna see it in action.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I see why you want more info and I want it aswell (rather sooner then later). But unfortunatly i think we need to wait for PAX....

After that we can either rampage more for not getting information ;) or be happy that we got enough information :D
  11. nomotog

What else do you need to know though? That kind of tells all that can be told.
  12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Cupcake

They will release more and more info when it's ready, in chunks both to keep the hype up but to tweak different parts of the game like the healing for the different classes and don't forget they haven't even announced all classes yet and we will have one more healing hybrid out.

I've have a good feeling that they will drop more info at PAX East and then keep doing so until the CBT's/OBT's start under the coming months. And we all want that info but we need to have some patience for now.
    Malisent likes this.
  13. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

so your ok with not knowing how your class plays in action. Talking about it is one thing but seeing it WORK in action is another. Telegraph heals in pvp sounds like a nightmare to me to be honest. It's like wack-a-mole hoping u dont burn all your mana in a tierless effort to catch hoping fools.

I want to just see it being done. Telling me its telegraph heals is just the same as telling me the tanks attacks are telegraph and the enemy dps is telegraph sure which leaves lots of room to miss.

How powerful are the spells? who's the better healer? is a Spellslinger a back up or full fledged healer? Does he shoot them with his magic healing bullets? or does he have casts?

Why are the Esper and Spellslinger healers rolling on the same gear ( the only ones in the game currently that cross for gear needs )

Does the gear for healers look like dresses?

there's a million questions out there. Some more important than others. I am just throwing it out there. A lot of these questions for other roles have been answered just by watching some gameplay.

----------------------

I know these questions have been answered ( with speculation ) but that doesn't satisfy me. I am not willing to just assume these healers are equal on all standings that's just unreasonable and NEVER happens. Even if its intended to be that way.
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

how do we know that some of the spells that the Esper threw out weren't heal, though? there's so much going on in some of these vids that we don't really know, do we?
  15. nomotog

We did see a hand full of telegraph heals. In some of the videos. They look how they sound. We can't know how they feel till we actually play them though.

No dresses so far. I think the espers might get them. It wouldn't hurt to see armor progressions though.

The other questions can't really be answered yet because stuff is changeling. Heals are no doubt getting easy or harder with each patch and you know their intent is for both classes to heal about the same in power. It's going to be the players who declare that this or that class is garbage.
  16. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Cupcake

Mate, i haven't said im okey but we need to have patience so the devs can start roll out information more and more. With PAXEast, we will start to see more information coming out but being frustrated and hoping it will resolve in that devs telling us everything will not happen.

Im really interested myself in the healing and in the AMA we got a small sample only but i know more is to come. So relax and we will get the latest news as soon they are ready to reveal it. :)
    Eiderescole likes this.
  17. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

Personally, I love this idea. It will require groups to pay attention to the healer, and not just blame him when they die. It will also require a lot of team work an communication. As for "picking a class before we see it in action", thats your fault. Me, personally, WONT choose a class until I've seen them all in action, and played them all for a few levels to get a feel for them. You are the one that picked your class before them announcing anything about it, so you cant blame the dev's for it. (sorry if I sounded like an asshat, its not my intention)
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I agree. Not every MMO should share the same class mechanics as others.
  19. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Wait until after PAX. I bet we will be getting more info on lots of game features, including healing, after that.
    Kataryna likes this.
  20. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Well to be fair, quite a few people have a certain class-type or playstyle that they enjoy, so it's not so crazy to pick a class before launch. However, I do agree that you really can't complain about lack of info, seeing as how the game isn't anywhere near launch yet! You should start a speculation thread, and brainstorm with other career Healers about the possibilities!