1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Why the huge lack of information on healing

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ashiktara, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

Once again not trying to B#@$H just saying we have ample amounts of info on the other classes and its driving me crazy. Also as stated above i tend to play the same class in every mmo or at least close to it. I either play a hunter type or a full time healer. From what i saw of the spell slinger it didn't look like it would make me happy. It didn't really play the way i wanted from what I saw so i figured ok healer. But i know very little about them and yes i know about pax and I'm excited about that. I didn't get a ticket sadly but ill be online trying to watch it ha.

Also there already is a speculation thread going that's so long i got a headache trying to read it all. Besides the game is relativly closet o launch if you think about it from a programming and development standpoint. All the ground work is done and at this point they are tweeking and making asthetic changes for the most part. Any huge underlying problem at this point would probably delay launch.

And no I do not take offense to anything said. I am not mad at anyone or really arguing just trying to poke to see if ppl know something I don't or maybe to help change my view on this topic. I am just really antsy to start beta. I want to contribute to testing and tweeking, finding bugs, etc.
  2. Lazz

Lazz New Cupcake

What information do we have about the other classes/roles specifically?
  3. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

These are links to all the information I have found so far without any theorys or speculaion. The References are blue hyper links after each segment.

SpellSlinger
    Stalker
    Warrior
  4. Lazz

Lazz New Cupcake

Wow! A nice amount of info you have dug up. Seems like most of that stuff is solo based though, makes sense why we don't know much about the healer roles yet.
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm probably going to go Spellslinger healer.

I'm also sure we will hear more info on how all the various healer mechanics work in the game as we get closer to release. Heck, some games before release don't really tell you much of anything.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  6. JCwildthing

JCwildthing Cupcake

I'm leaning the same way based on the combat style of the spellslinger. But like the OP I am anxious to see a dedicated video or something of that nature to heals. I think we will get one post-PAX.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I'm thinking the same thing just because if any Healing-Capable class is indeed just as good at the role as any other, the Spellslinger's combat mechanics seem more fun to me than the Esper's. :p
  8. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Now you've gone and done it!

I can't stop singing "JCwildthing, you make me spellsling. You make everything pew-pewy, JCwildthing"
    Ahem sorry.

And because I'm not one to let the opportunity to use a Star Wars line go to waste, to the OP "Patience young padawan" :D Just think when they do release the info it will be all the sweeter.
    JCwildthing and spencerBAXLEY like this.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm leaning towards the 3rd healer, just because we got no info on them yet......makes me wonder what will it be :D

Will it become a more tribal healer or a Tech healer....hmmmm....all those ideas...
  10. InnocentCivilian

I used to be convinced that the third healer will be a tech-based one, since we already have a psy-based one, and a 'magic' one.

That said, there are a fair bit of staff-wielding NPCs shooting fireballs and stuff, even from the Dominion! It makes me wonder if a 'tribal' class is indeed in the cards. It would also suit the Granok since they come from a 'tribal' society and since magic exists in the universe of Wildstar, it stands to reason that tribal Granok might have practiced some. :p

I'm still leaning towards a tech-based healer, though. ^____^ Come on PAX info! :laugh:
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Tribal or Tech, doesn't matter to me, normally I'm more attracted to those kind of healers then the Spellslinger/Esper now :D

But I'm gonna :cry: if it's a different healer hahaha would be awesome though, seems like everyone says it's either a tribal or a tech healer and then it's none of those two :roflamo:
  12. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

Honestly I didn't know they even planned to have a third healer but now that you mention it while digging for all the info I happened t ostumble across something that said something about warden. It would take me a decade to go back and find it but im gonna put my money on that one just because if seeing it Lol...

If that is the case ill be doing that ( im trying to find the most pure healing class I can )

Anyways that's what i have so far and i think im more mad cuz its stopping me from completing that part of the forum HA.
  13. InnocentCivilian

This is the tweet where Carbine confirms it: https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/status/306149659108315136

All we know for certain is:
    1) There is going to be at least one more class which can spec into healing.
    2) Granoks will be able to play as one.

I'm not sure about a Warden, but I do know that a fan suggested such a class a while back - could that be what you're thinking of?
  14. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

The biggest reason we have so much information about those 3 is because during their huge press event a month and a half ago, the build the press were playing on only had those classes. This is also true of the Arkship attendees.
  15. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

I think you might have the wrong idea. Everyone has a primary role that they can perform (DPS) and then they also have a secondary role that they can perform if a group activity necessitates (Tank/Heal). I don't think they're going to have a "most pure healing class" because all should function with the same efficiency. It's most likely going to be more a matter of flavor and playstyle choice. At least, that's the vibe they've been giving since the beginning. We'll see I suppose.
  16. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

^ hope so. Thats the plan. Ill have to wait and see what the last healing class is otherwise esper is my flavor of choice! anyways thanks for not flaming me :p ill go look at that article
  17. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

Just when I thought I had finally decided on the Dominion... :/
  18. InnocentCivilian

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you, some Dominion races are guaranteed to have access to whatever this unrevealed class as well ^_^.
  19. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

Well it's more that I just really like the Granoks as a race and them having a healing class is going to make them even more tempting. Then again, we still have two to see so maybe someone else will pull into the lead.
  20. Yushi

Yushi Cupcake

Lets be honest, while I'm thinking of going range dps / healer in this game. Showing the game on a dps side is something most people do. Until we maybe see a dungeon or something like that (pvp), we won't be seeing much on healing mechanics.

I'm expecting to see more group play from Pax