1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar 3D model viewer

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by SiegaPlays, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Maybe there is not the needed following for it, but I would love a WildStar 3D model viewer for trying to make machinima videos, something I have been thinking about dipping my toes into since forever on WoW, but never got around to. Now I actually have the professionel applications to get the job done due to school :-D

Naturally machinima can be made by taking ingame footage some day, but a model viewer would encourage more movietastic outcomes I believe, not to mention the publicity fan machinima gives a game.

I still have stuff by CraniusPresent and Legsmachinima tagged as my fav on YouTube, and when I get nostalgic about the good old WoW times, I go watch "Ulduar", that pretty much hit spot on for me at the time of release.

How-to-machinima
    Autumnal and Evion like this.
  2. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think it's so much the numbers as having fans with the necessary technical expertise and drive to figure out how to code such a thing, as well as Carbine not minding enough to put roadblocks in the way. Numbers make the fan requirements more likely to manifest, but there's no point at which it becomes inevitable nor impossible. Carbine's part just requires loving their fan community, which I have a reasonably good feeling about. ;)

It'll be a very long time before anyone can so much as start on this, of course. Beta is a long time away yet, and there's nothing that can be done until WildStar's file system can be analysed. I wouldn't count on anything happening at all until the inevitable NDA comes down, at the least. More likely not until some time after launch and someone clever enough to do it needs a distraction.
  3. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

If there was Data/Information/licences readily available i could offer some assistance

But seeing as there is none in the public domain, and the legal implications of using their propriety models is more then likely against copyright, I don't see much happening for this project atm..