1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar Art by Fate

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Human Stalker? ;)
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Thanks, I may be a little obsessed. :oops:

They failed me recently; I forgot to include this image of an Eldan terraformer in Deradune (the floaty thing in the background :p) in my Eldan thread. :p

http://jolstatic.fr/www/captures/648/4/58924.png

One of the devs was talking about 'terraformed' areas in zones as part of their way of combating zone fatigue (seeing the same scenery all the time), so that put the idea in my head that Eldan have terraformers all over Nexus. Subconciously, I think that's where I got the idea of Eldan->Terraformers, but I forgot to mention that in my thread. >____>

*Ahem* back to the topic at hand! I'm glad that my feedback was of some use :)! Your new character's looking pretty sweet, too! I'm guessing she's also human because proportion-wise, she looks about the same as Eris? :p
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Oh! Yeah, I remember hearing about that. That would make sense to me...especially since the Eldan settled Nexus! So, the terraformers would have been useful in making the planet more suitable to them. Ah, good stuff! :D

Yeah, my new character is pretty much the same build as Eris. But, the way I see it, my WildStar characters are an extension of myself, so I want them to look how I would like to look if I were them! XD But, nope. She's not human. I updated the image again. :]
  4. InnocentCivilian

Oooooooooo, you're sneaky. :cautious:

My only critique is that I don't think Granok can play as Stalkers, so you might want to change her to a Warrior. ;)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  5. Fate Flyer

<REDACTED>. How could I have overlooked this major flaw? This ruins my whole design!
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  6. Fate Flyer

Now it's getting tricky, because I'm adding in some more characters whose backstories I haven't thought up yet, so this is a little bit backwards from how I normally work. I have vague ideas in my head about them all, but that's all I'm working with, so I'll probably come up with their backgrounds after I'm finished drawing them. (Updated the WIP pic.)

This is the critical stage in my drawing, and it's the easiest time to go back and fix things, so if you notice anything that looks a bit off or that you'd like to see changed/added/removed, let me know! :)

I really want to draw a gremlin character too, but I think with the lack of good photos of them and info, I'll have to wait a bit before I create one of those.
    Kurik and InnocentCivilian like this.
  7. InnocentCivilian

Looks good to me, FateFlyer ^____^.

I particularly like your Draken - the anatomy looks spot-on! Looking forward to seeing him decked out with guns, since so many Draken are Stalkers. :p

I also love how you went and figured out scale in that last pic, too! :laugh:
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  8. Fate Flyer

Thanks so much! ♥ The Draken was actually the one I was most worried about drawing, since I wasn't sure I could get the look and anatomy down right, but I actually doodled him up the quickest of them all and was happy with it right away! :laugh: Funny how things like that can work out. (Oh and yes, I realized that it looked rather silly to have a Draken be the same height as a human! He needed to feel more monstrous.)

Oh, man. You really read my mind! I was planning on having the Draken be a Spellslinger and holding a gun! ...Until I tried drawing a gun. I cannot draw them for the life of me. They're so gosh darn detailed and technical. I am awful at drawing technical things like that. Anything that's not living, I basically can't draw. D: Then, I really loved how the Draken have all these aesthetically neat markings on their bodies, from their necks, to their shoulders, to the spines on their elbows. I wanted to show them all and not cover them up, which meant no armor or clothing. :roflamo: I could still try drawing him with a gun, but now I just think it'd look silly to see this pretty naked monster-man holding a modern weapon. I'm sure it'd look just fine if he was wearing all his armor! Just not now, haha.

I actually want him to be a member of the ICI - like that thug-type that's really good at getting the dirty work done. So, he'd have some cool-looking armor, I'm sure. But that's another thing - armor is also my downfall! I can't draw it without looking at screenshots or images. I don't like drawing it lol. I like more organic things.
    ruff_ethereal and Kurik like this.
  9. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Fate, when I first saw you start to post about Wildstar on twitter, I checked out your deviantART page and all I could think was, 'MAN! I hope she keeps drawing Wildstar stuff - she's really good!" - I'm glad you are! :D Cheers!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  10. Fate Flyer

Thanks a lot, Arawulf! That means a lot! :)
  11. InnocentCivilian

I can't read minds - I just read what you wrote in the first post. :p

Also, I think you'll be fine for guns! The shoulderpads on that Cassian fellow are all hard-surfaced and stuff, and you pulled off lots of detail with seeming ease! :p
  12. Fate Flyer

Phew! I just finished the basic lineart on all the characters - see Update #4. (The image has been updated on the first post.) I ended up changing a few things that I either wasn't happy with in the sketch or wanted to look different.

Also, I have this really strong image in my mind of this rubber-like material made up of octagon shapes that looks like a futuristic, sci-fi type of material. I wanted to use that for Eris's pants. I don't know what it is, but maybe someone will have an idea of what I'm thinking. I'm not even sure where I've seen this before or why it's in my head, but it's cool, and I really like it a lot. :D
    InnocentCivilian and Kurik like this.
  13. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Nice, can't wait for the final coloring!
  14. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Looks great Fate, the hair for Eris has a lot going on but it looks awesome. I think she definitely looks more Dominion now with the lineart. :)
  15. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Awesome Fate! Looks fantastic. I would love to see those with basic color outlines or shadows instead of full color, but that's just me. I love the character of pictures with color shadowing. Anyway, great job, can't wait to see more.
  16. Fate Flyer

Thanks for the comments, guys! :D It means a lot to have your support. :inlove: It definitely helps to inspire me to keep going too, especially since this is one of the biggest single drawing projects I've worked on in a long while. (The actual Photoshop image is exactly 10,000 pixels long!)

Thank you! ^__^ I actually had to look up what color shadowing was, but now I believe I know what you're referring too. Something kind of like this, right?

[​IMG]

I think that could actually be really neat! I've never done anything like that before though, so maybe I'll save that for experimenting around with it on my next drawing. :up:
  17. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

YES! Exactly. I love that kind of stuff.
  18. InnocentCivilian

Hey FateFlyer, I had to unlike your first post so I could like it again. :p

The cleanness of your lines is sooooo nice! I don't have the patience to really do that, but all your characters turned out even better once you made them all clean and stuff! Eris is definitely looking Dominion now! ;)

I must say that I especially like Lyla! She looks really cute and you even gave her the long arms that seem characteristic of her race. ^__^ Really digging the design on her 'claws' as well!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  19. Maric

Maric New Cupcake

You are very talented.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  20. Fate Flyer

Thanks so much for the support!

@InnocentCivilian - Ah, thank you for your keen eye! ^__^ I'm so happy you like it. :inlove:

I just finished with the lineart variation now, so the image has been updated once again. I think the line variation definitely helps to give some depth and sense of shadow in just the lineart. It always feels more complete to me when there's line variation. :)