1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar Art by Fate

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 14, 2013.

1. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Awwww yeah! Dem line art variations really added a lot of 'weight' to your characters! Is this going to be the final version of your line art before......colouring? :eek:
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Haha, actually, here is one more update. :) All the colors have been painted in, and the inside lineart has also been colored (not that you can really tell in this image). The last update will be with all the shading/highlighting - the finished version!
    Kurik and InnocentCivilian like this.
  3. Maithus

Maithus New Cupcake

That looks Awesome Fate. I'm Loving your art work, keep it up :)
  4. InnocentCivilian

Wow, you even coloured the inside lineart? @_@ That's crazy! You're crazy, fateflyer! :I

But wow, even with just flat colours, these look so good! The colours just totally transform Velganos! I think that his design is the most 'busy' of the four, but the colours really just tie all those elements on him together so well. ^___^

Eris also looks like she means some really srs bsns @_@.
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Awesome, Eris looks very Dominion and her gear looks very Eldan. :)
  6. Durus

Durus Cupcake

Beautifully done. Your work is brilliant and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it with us, Fate.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Awesomeness! Wishing I had drawing skills like yours!
  8. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Yaaay, the color looks fantastic already, and I know how much these things improve when you add the shading! Seriously awesome. :D
  9. WickedMir

WickedMir Cupcake

Lines, lines, lines omg the lines! *squishes them*
    Yes , I kinda love your work :inlove:
  10. Optimisticnerd

Optimisticnerd Cupcake-About-Town

You know I just noticed this thread last night, and all I can say is... I never knew that Fate was such a talented artist. :D makes me wish I could draw. Very nice Fate.
  11. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Very, very nice Fate!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  12. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Well, guys, I have finally finished my WildStar drawing! :D Check out the first post. It was a blast doing, and I'm really pretty happy with it. ^_^ It was great fun to work on, and now it's great to be done, haha. Time to take a break for a bit and make some progress in Bioshock Infinite. ;)
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

They all look amazing and very detailed. :) Rhulok turned out better than I thought he would and I love the looks of the armor on the rest of them, especially Eris who has a very Eldan appearance.
  14. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Bad. Ass. :D

I really love how the finished piece turned out! The overlap of different shadow shapes are really interesting, and I especially love how they work on the gem and liquid areas of the outfits! I also like the side-lighting in blue. I think the Aurin is my favorite of the bunch, she's adorable! Though the red-head has FANTASTIC hair. :D All the details you included in the designs really come together wonderfully.
  15. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

...pro. So crisp and clean. You have wonderful lineart and colors. The Draken is probably my favorite.
  16. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome work :)

Everyone needs to check out the larger final image, otherwise you'll are going to miss the details like two different colored eyes.
  17. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

If you're interested in feedback:

Picture looks stiff to me. That isn't to say it's bad, just the opposite actually.

I think you should have done something more with their poses. All the characters are just sort of standing their with their arms dangling at their sides.
  18. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Thats awesome Fate! I should start doing this more often.. have been too busy being excited with W* lately, lol.
  19. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Mindblowing! Love it! :cool:
  20. InnocentCivilian

Uuuuuh holy <REDACTED>, Fate! This is just absurdly good! I don't know when this conspiracy to make me look bad started, but you guys in the fanart forum seriously need to learn to chill. :cautious:

Nah but seriously, this IS really good! :p

The level of detail is just astounding! All the subtle lighting, differences in tone, the craziness of Lyla's tail, all the tiny glowy bits in Velganos' chest armour...you can really see the differences in Eris' eyes now, in this much higher-res version! @__@

They're all so fantastic, but I gotta give a special shoutout to Eris :p. I just love the way the hexagon pattern on her pants reflect light; and just her whole colour combinations XD. She has one green eye, one blue eye, has green glowy bits, blue glowy bits (the device on her wrist), and the blue-green vials on her waist. :D But what I like MOST about her are the golden parts of her shoulders. Something about them is just so mesmerising. :p

Arrgghh, I wish I had the kind of patience to work on a project like this over an extended period of time. XD I'm way too impatient when it comes to art, but applaud you on this accomplishment! Great job! :laugh: