1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar at PAX Prime

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Aurora

Aurora New Cupcake

I was pretty excited about this. I attended two of the panels. I played three times. The first time, I didn't realize there was a challenge, and I stopped playing and stepped aside so others could try it. The second two times, I accepted the challenge and won each time, first as the Spellslinger and second as the Esper. Both were great, but the Spellslinger was incredibly fun to play. The fun was put back into combat for me, and that's an accomplishment.

If anybody noticed, I was the one there on Sunday who had the modified Wildstar shirt tied on the side. (The medium was too big for me, even after a washing, so I sliced and diced and reconfigured it to fit and show a bit of skin. Because, dammit, I wanted to wear it proudly!)

I asked a lot of questions, but of course most of them can't be answered yet or are covered in other material here. No info on release plans, timing, crafting, cost, how many races, classes, etc. There was a comment about how they'd love to not have to charge for things like server transfers (to make it easier for you to play with your friends), but apparently a lot of games make a lot of money through services like that, so it has to at least be considered.

One of my big concerns was how players from different paths can interact and enrich each others' experiences, and they did address it and showed they've already put a lot of thought into it.

I love the philosophy of the Carbine team and how they're approaching this. I just hope it lives up to our expectations. :) Can hardly wait for the beta!
    Celsus, starspun and Brotoi like this.
  2. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Nice write-up, Aurora!
  3. souper

souper Founding Member

Not a ton of new information came out of PAX (unsurprisingly) but I love all the new write-ups and video reviews. The little tidbits we did get were great though. I was a little preoccupied this weekend so thanks all for posting!
  4. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Autumnal likes this.
  5. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

6. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

7. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Would have put this all in one post, but got some sort of database error. Apologies.
  8. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Autumnal likes this.
  9. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

"He lost his voice. So we thought we'd film him." lololololol

You have to love and respect a company that will (lovingly) make fun of itself. +1 Team WildStar!
  10. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Yay for videos!
    I agree, Autumnal. The Carbine team has a great sense of humor. I mean... you'd have to in order to create a mutant Jessica Rabbit.