1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Beta: Exile Lore and Tutorial Zone aka Arkship

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Effendyr, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Effendyr

Effendyr New Cupcake

Hello and welcome to my next Wildstar Video!
    This time I will cover the lore of the Exiles as well as showing some gameplay content of the Exile tutorial zone aka the Arkship!

If you liked the video, make sure to thumb up comment and subscribe! See you soon! More Videos to come!

Effendyr
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Sooooooooo.........posting a lore video on the WSC forum is guaranteed to atleast get my attention, if not from some other WS lore-geeks :D

I hope you are ready for some feedback? Cause here it comes! :geek:

1. At first you just start stating things that are common knowledge and can be seen everywhere which will always be true!
    However, mayby it was smarter to explain the races in a chronological order. Because in your Aurin story you state how they got help from the Granok, and then later you start telling their story. This may confuse some ''lore newbies''.

2. At 4:30 you say:
    I wouldn't have used the ''was ruled'' for they still do.
    Also one can argue if the ''Dominion'' is ruling the planet....the Dominion = also all other races together....but trust me, no1 has anything to say if an Luminai says something else.
    So one can argue that it is ruled by the Luminai (not the entire Dominion).

3. At 7:08 you say:
    I have yet to see a piece of evidence which states that the Mordesh were part of the Dominion and thus under their rule. Personally I think they were still stuck into the ''becomming a member'' position, and pieces of in-game lore kinda confirm this statement.

4. At 7:40 you say:
    Says who?!?!?!?! :eek:
    I know that people want to picture the Dominion off as the ''big bad guy'', but nowhere does it say that the Dominion wanted the Mordesh to kill eachother.
    It's quite the opposite, the Dominion wanted to make sure that this contagion wouldn't spread throughout the galaxy and possibly wipe out every living thing!
    Nomatter how you look at it, the Dominion made the best possible decision they could, with the limited information they had! (info about how contagious it was etc.) The Exiles on the otherhand endangered the well being of every other living thing in the galaxy!

So that's about my ''few'' things that aren't totally conform the lore in my opinion.
    :coffee:

*Also please note that I haven't read every single in-game piece of lore and may have made an error myself, if so, I would ask you to let me know ASAP!*
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. t209

t209 Cupcake

And their search for cure might be fruitless at worse or be too late at best.
    And their method, both Black Hoods and other enclaves, was a bit brutal in my opinion as a Cassian Engineer.
    Spoiler:
    - Polluting the entire creek for the search for cure in Ellevar Swamp.
    - Plague in Auroria, though one of the conspirators included a Highborn family that mistreated Lowborn enough to make other Highborn families were horrified at their action.