1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Community - Extra Life Charity Event

Discussion in 'Community News' started by gentlestar, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

As all of us know, the WildStar Community is shaping up to be one of the greatest gaming communities out there and the game isn't even released yet. With that said, it is time to join forces once again and show everyone why we are great with a Community Gaming Night.

Not just any gaming night, but an Extra Life Charity event!

For 25 hours, starting on November 2nd at 10am EDT till November 3rd at 10am EST we will play games together as a community - plus WildStar Central and Friends will stump up some prizes to be won, along with all the fun!

This event raises money for children's hospitals around the world. We have picked UC Davis Children's Hospital (a hospital in Carbine Studio's home state of California) to support and raise $5000 (or more!) for. This should be easy with our large community as if everyone just gave a dollar we would double our goal even.. it's simple and fun!

We are hoping to have lots of players and maybe a few special ones, its too early to tell! But stop by and check out the live streams for the event! You'll certainly find the WSC Stream up at running at http://twitch.tv/wildstarcentral

Subterfuge Vanguard will also be helping me host the event and staying up all night with Zap and I ... but you can too! Join the WildStar Community Team and help us push up to (and break through) that $5,000 goal!

Join the Team @ http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12390

Let's come together again and give hope to kids and brighten someones day!

Arawulf streaming on http://twitch.tv/wildstarfans
    MisterFallenAngel streaming on http://twitch.tv/misterfallenangel
    Nyxis streaming on http://twitch.tv/mrnyxis
    ZapRobo streaming on http://twitch.tv/wildstarcentral

http://multitwitch.tv/mrnyxis/wildstarcentral/misterfallenangel/wildstarfans
    Nyxis, Dysp, Zeebo and 2 others like this.
  2. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

This community is amazing! Let's spread the word!
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

For those who can't join the team on the 2nd then consider donating whatever you can! You can do this from the individual members' pages - like mine here - and click on "Support Me". Every size donation counts, so please give what you can...

4. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

Zap you make me want to join this beeta ... and I have a fear of beets
  5. gentlestar

Now that I am back from vacation, I can plan more with this event.. Please if you are going to join in and play and you join the Wildstar Community team.. everyone can pick who they want to donate towards and it all goes to the team total ... the more people that wish to play the more exposure we get.

SVG will be doing the main streaming, but you can break off into your own streams if you dont enjoy a game that is being played and still raise money from friends and family!

If anyone has connnections with guilds or groups , let them know about the event.. even if they can cannot join in they may wish to donate to the kids and get chances to win prizes!
  6. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

How can I get involved in some of this sweet gaming action! Id love to play some kinda MOBA and do a donate a buck per kill or something, like a walkathon. Are there forums or groups that will be playing specific games? Id love to mess around with some Smite or TF2.
  7. gentlestar

you can join the team here extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12390

Most of what is played are MOBA's and you are welcome to join in any of the games, last time we jumped between games to keep it from being the same thing all day .. Smite, TF2 and LoL were the main ones that we played, but anyone can join in the game play .. we will have enough team captains no matter who wants to join in!
  8. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

Done! Can't wait. If I do a dollar a kill I may be in trouble after 24 hours! Specially if we play Smite. Thats like 20 bucks a game for me if I get Thor! :p
  9. gentlestar

you can have thor but Zeus is mine! lol
  10. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

Enigma is currently discussing their part to help out the team. And I know that MMOBuff is also looking into helping out as well! :)
  11. gentlestar

we already have $105. and it didn't even start yet! this community is great!
  12. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

If work allows it, I'm there :D
  13. gentlestar

Everyone for the Extra Life event, make sure your games are all updated so you won't miss out on game time, because let's face it 25 hours isnt enough lol ... November 2nd at 10am EST .. we will be having a time change at 2am so that is where the extra hour comes in, set those clocks back! lol
    Have lots of water on hand, snacks and food ..
    There will be different streams going on and they will all be posted!
    WSC and SVG will be running games/teams .. anyone can join in the game play or donate to the charity site!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12390
  14. Zap-Robo

Ladies and gentlemen... with only a couple of days to go I thought I'd bring you up to date with some of the special things we have in planning so far...
    • We will be joined by a brace of Carbine Studios developers, so you can get to know some more of the dev team we all know and love...
      • Rebecca Richards - Content Designer
      • Curtis Henry - Associate Cinematics Designer
      • Michelle Hebert - Senior QA Tester
      • Josh Thomas - Associate Scripter
    • WildStar Swag Giveaways @ http://www.twitch.tv/wildstarcentral/
      • At certain intervals, we'll be giving away the following to a random donator
        • Granok Shirts (as seen at the last round of cons, like NYCC 2013)
        • WildStar Lanyards (white)
    • Themed Game Giveaways @ http://www.twitch.tv/wildstarcentral/
      • See a game being played on the above stream, it's likely we've secured a little something-something to be given away to lucky donators!
    Want to qualify for the WildStar giveaways in absentia? No problem! Attendance is NOT an issue! Some of the giveaways of WildStar stuffs will simply be a random drawing from ALL donators. Simply throw your hat in the ring by donating to me now! ( Donate Here - Zap Robo )

Want to get hold of some WildStar swag early? Then get donating to Gentle Star - since she'll be giving away a WildStar lanyard to a random donator when she hits to 100 USD mark! ( source ) ( Donate Here - Gentle Star )

Let's do some good, cupcakes - give it up (your cash, I mean) for the kids!
    Arawulf and Anhrez like this.
  15. Anhrez

So what games are you all playing? I will stream some during the event but spend most of my time dying in other peoples streams!
    I want to download the games ahead of time, I sure hope there is some TF2 as a lot of ppl can be active at same time. Any word on a Teamspeak or Mumble server?
  16. gentlestar

Smite , TF2, Neverwinter, LoL , Dota2 , Planetside2 .. full list and times will be up tomorrow sometime! :}
  17. Oliks

Oliks New Cupcake

Followed and will be keeping tabs on this :)
  18. Zap-Robo

We now have timings for the WildStar Community Events. Each streamer will be doing their own thing, but we'll all be coming together for the follow grand melees...

• PlanetSide 2 (10am EDT, 2-3hrs)
    • Team Fortress 2 (6pm EDT, 4hrs)
    • League of Legends (2am EST, 2-3hrs)
    • Dawngate/Team Fortress 2 (9am - 11am EST)
    We hope as many community members will be able to join in with us - and feel free to head over to one of the community streamers (I'll be listing them tomorrow at http://twitch.tv/wildstarcentral and on this post) to join in with whatever else they might be playing between these times.

For 25 hours.

Oh boy!
    Anhrez and Arawulf like this.
  19. Anhrez

Any teamspeak or mumble access for us to cross over our chatter between streams
  20. gentlestar

$681.00 Raised and we havent even started yet .. way to go everyone for your efforts and donations already. If everyone on the site even gave a dollar we would blow our goal away. Join us tomorrow for lots of games and fun. We are starting with planet side 2 at 10 am ..

Everyone get a good night sleep and take care of yourself tomorrow, have lots of water and food, take breaks for stretching. It's 25 hours don't burn yourselves out, need everyone to make it to the end at 11am on sunday lol

Dont forget clocks will go back an hour in the middle of our gaming at 2 am ..
    Zap-Robo and Arawulf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.