1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Coverage from Gamescom 2012

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Billco, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

How about 40 minutes of gameplay presentation? Better head over to GameTrailers - part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4!

I'd edit the title of this thread, but apparently I can't. Time to wait for Zap to intervene - it's likely we'll see at least a bit more coverage in the following days. Yes, Carbine wasn't at Gamescom in the same capacity as last year, but they definitely had a team over there for presentations and such! ;)
    Evion likes this.
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Then I should have gone to Gamescom! It's only a 90 minute drive from here. But Carbine said they weren't there, so I didn't took the effort. Now I'm really disappointed.
  4. starspun

I don't think they'd have let you in unless you're press, anyway. :)
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Ah press only. I could have gone as representative for WSC though! ;)
    starspun likes this.
  6. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Btw, in video 4 he says they think closed beta can begin early next year! :up:
  7. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

What if I wake up and this is all a dream? The more I hear about WildStar the more unrealistically 'perfect' the game sounds...

If so... I don't want to wake up! Another 5 minutes mom, beta will start soon...
  8. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

lol.... Yeah, Now repeat three times..... There's no place like beta, there's no place like..... ;)

Seriously though, I really hope that Carbine delivers. After Swtor I couldn't be anymore disappointed that's for sure.
  9. Billco

Yeah...THIS....totally THIS.

I still havn't managed to watch the videos yet....stupid work....
  10. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

That series of videos has some good info snippets. Level cap appears to be 60. Raid bosses are introduced at low levels. All the "zones" we saw in the F&F trailer are continuous - no loading screens. The UI appears to have undergone some refinement (looks cleaner).

There's a pile of audio info as well as the visual - like Explorers getting an underground tunnel network for fast travel.

I've still not watched part 4!
  11. Chrilin

Yes, the videos are very very good.... Watching them now.
  12. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

This, I'm not so sure of. You can see a loading screen between subarea's in the official gameplay video from Gamescom 2011 I think. It was very quick but it was there. But that was a year ago, so maybe they improved the engine and it isn't needed anymore. I don't think the demo client we see in the Gamescom 2012 demo is representative.

The rest of the points you make I noticed too. I'm going to watch those video's again and again when I have time (not today) and write all the new little facts / spoilers down.
  13. starspun

If that video ended with fighting this guy, that was actually an instance they zoned into. That's the only loading screen I can remember from last year. The actual world is open and continuous, as Gaffney says in the video, with loading screens from world to instance (and back), and if there's instant travel, you'll probably have loading screens there too.
  14. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Watching the videos now.

I would like those sheep in a farm yard next to my house haha. It would be cool if you happen to forget to fence the area they would wonder off or fall of your floating island :D
  15. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

We get crafting around level 10
    Galeras was the zone with a lot of wind effects
    One harvesting technique is mining, and I assume foresting too, since it was on the housing video
  16. Chrilin

So buffs for raiding and such will be available through housing. Does this mean we have to visits folks housing to prep for raiding? Sounds tedious after the first few times.
    I'm sure they will have the process streamlined by launch if not before. It is curious though.

I liked the fact that quests can be stumbled upon without leading me to them. It really will add a sense of discovery to the game.
  17. Billco

The impression I got is that it will be little different from, assemble outside the zone at 8pm.

Instead now, its assemble at Chrillin's house at 8. Buff up and then jump straight into the first fight from there. I'd assume by some kind of portal.

If it works the way I think it does, I kinda like it. Means we can change the meeting place every so often, have a little look around your place while waiting for the healer thats always late showing up etc.
  18. Chrilin

When you put it like that it sounds cool. :up:
  19. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yeah, you are correct. After watching those 4 video's again I heard him say the world is seamless. Gonna watch them again tomorrow and hopefully I can add extra things to my (already extensive) list.
  20. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

*just finished watching all four*

AHHHHH! *excited flailing*

Just seeing things in action is so fun! My favorite parts: The way the targeting system looked, the variety of zones, the promise of new videos akin to the Housing movie (Yesyesyes please!), getting to hear more discussion of their philosophies related to content and story. I really love how alive everything feels, like with the giant robot and the wind funnels, amongst other things. I must go share this with friends!
    Tiktak, starspun and Black Wolf like this.