1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Coverage from Gamescom 2012

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Billco, Aug 17, 2012.

1. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I would prefer a longer trip to cap too though I do get the impression that "elder game" content is planned to be a larger percentage of total content in WildStar than we've seen in other games. I would not mind the trip being that short if there is significantly more single-player and multi-player endgame content, or if there are multiple pve progression paths to cap such as multiple zones covering the same level ranges.

The one thing that throws me off a little about the TTH article, even though its one of my favorite hangouts, is the impression that WildStar is a lot further along than other GamesCom coverage implied. Maybe that was just me.
  2. SirRobin

Where? Linky?

Is this it?

I like. :up:

This one is cool too.

3. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

SirRobin likes this.
  4. SirRobin

Oh damn that is some good music.

Thank you. :cool:

Quick note, I hope they actually play the music more often in WildStar. Some of these MMO's have some really amazing music but they don't seem to let you listen to it anywhere near often enough.
  5. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I agree! I prefer more background music as opposed to nothing but my weapon sound effects and what I'm fighting. I loved the touches in WoW, but sometimes I'd sit up and wonder "Hey, where's the music?" Especially in the NElf regions, sooo pretty with the ambiance.

I'm really loving the music they've been sharing with us thus far, and I really hope we get another Wednesday installment with more! Ooh, maybe a chance to actually meet the music crew! That'd be awesome. :D
  6. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

You have to turn on 'Loop music' in the sound settings to hear music constantly. I always play with in-game music. I know some or most people play with Metalica or Tiesto in the background or without sound entirely. It would kill the mood for me so bad.
  7. SirRobin

Loved that setting in WoW but I don't recall there being one for WAR, AoC, TOR, etc... Hopefully Carbine includes that option for WS. :cool:
  8. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

about the business model if there is going to be micro transactions I would rather the game be B2P not P2P.

and I can't wait for the Dominion revel. hope they are evil and yet still cool and funny
  9. Chrilin

P2P games tend to have higher production values than B2P. ( I know that's not always true :cautious: )
    Micro's look to be here to stay. If we are going to have to have them I would like to see the best of both. High production values with a really well done shop/micro design.

There is a really good vid that SiegaPlays posted on micro's
    Here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMBeLrZoyw
    Kinda put me into a neutral camp as far as micro's went.

Oh, and never sell powah lol. :up:
  10. ObliviousPrime

I think GW2 destroyed the idea that higher production vales is only for P2P , and maybe even Planetside 2 though that is F2P.

P2P does not mean quality anymore. SWTOR and TSW had some big problem areas in thier games and they were P2P. In addition to that SWTOR is going F2P (a very bad version of it) and there are rumours of TSW going to that model as well.

A lot of gamers are embracing the F2P trend and are expecting a high quality game associated with that model. Look at LoL, Dota 2, Planetside 2, and End of Nations to name a few [and my current obsession Air-mech :p].

I think the B2P model with micro-transactions is a good in between model between the two.

On a personal note I would be much more inclined to buy from the store if I did not have to pay a monthly fee.
  11. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I think you are mixing the terms ObliviousPrime. I can't blame you, all those abbreviations are really confusing.

P2P - Games like WoW. You have to pay a sub to be able to continue playing.
    F2P - A game you don't have to buy. Instead the games utilizes microtransactions only.
    B2P - You buy the game (and possible expansions). Like Guild Wars.
    P2W - A F2P game where you buy items to get ahead of others. You buy items to get stronger. You buy power.

Lately more exotic models appear. Guild Wars 2 is B2P with added microtransactions. Wildstar will have a mix between existing models as well.
  12. ObliviousPrime

tsk I kept writing B2P when I meant P2P I will edit the post so it does not sound like gibberish lol

fixed it thanks black wolf
  13. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Np! Guess you weren't confused after all. :) Well maybe I did help other people by explaining the differences.
  14. Chrilin

I agree... I almost mentioned Swtor as a example of a P2P game with low production value. I couldn't even get through the free weekend of TSW. It is glaringly bad imo. :down:

I'm wondering if embracing some of these hybrid models (if done right) will lead to a game with even higher production values and a better game for us the players.

Personally I'm starting to believe the gaming market is in a transitional phase. I suppose that's why I am willing to give the hybrid's a shot. It's for a chance at something better than what we have now.

Bottom line is for me, the game with the highest prod values and the most enjoyable content rich experience wins. :D
  15. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

16. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

Oooo....one thing I noticed that I musta glazed over in the past is that you can customize the Aurin to be like different animals. Bunny ears, fox ears, bat wings etc.... so not limited to bunny ears...which i'm glad about because thats not my thing ;)
  17. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Whahaha. Right! :roflamo:
  18. Spiritunicorn

Spiritunicorn New Cupcake

But... Bunny...
    ^_^
  19. Chrilin

<<<<< = Rollin a cute Aurin. :up:
  20. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Oh helped me and that video was great thanks Chrilin, Im still getting used to the fact we dont pay per minute for the internet anymore,......its like all you can eat.......that cant be a bad thing...right ?
    True words said about F2P and P2P you dont gaurantee the quality of players in the game whichever you go for anymore. Just give me a micro transaction for a home on a floating island so I can escape : )
    That said I would P2P and micro for Wildstar but dont let them know that :)