1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Coverage from PAX Prime 2012

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

lol!

@Scooter.... Thanks for the autoloot clarification.:)
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Nah, he's just dreaming of a head of thick curly purple locks.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/pax-prime-2012-wildstar

As far as I can tell, Gamebreaker TV are getting the wrong end of the stick - saying they're not going for the hardcore raiding crowd(!)

As I understand the design, they're going for EVERY crowd. From Casual to Hardcore - by allowing people to engage with the number of layers they want to/can handle.
  4. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Now here's something interesting...

[​IMG]

Edit: Scooter says it's a dev cheat which tells creatures whether or not to ignore the character. This is no longer exciting.
  5. Scooter

Scooter Carbine Studios

It's exciting to me! ...cause I get to use it.
    Spiritunicorn likes this.
  6. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

You dirty cheater, you.
  7. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Is this the first time we've heard mention of the level cap being 60?
  8. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

Ugh, so maybe I took it out of context but the first question really annoyed me.

Something about, you say there's not going to be any grind, but the first 2 zones you've shown us are huge.

Like he was complaining there was too much to do? Wtf?!?!

Or have I taken the question wrong....of course there's going to be "a grind" of some description. Otherwise you'd buy the game, log in , roll a 60 and be like...oh done?
  9. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

No, they've mentioned it before. Seems to be a fairly standard level cap as well...
  10. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

That guy should play WoW.
  11. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Just watched the video Zap thx
    Yeah that seemed like a reporter who didnt get the answers he wanted, so he just made <REDACTED> up to hear himself talk. Obviously he hasnt mastered the phrase 'That isnt being revealed yet' and instead decided to just dump tons of opinionated speculation into the interview. I mean really talking about level capping as soon as possible being the majority ? Tons of people out there crawl through the levels and absorb the content but without market research I guess we have no evidence.
    Me Im going to be the player standing there admiring the scenery and artwork in THIS game as you head out to a mission, and on the way back I will probably be in just the same spot LOL.
  12. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I don't understand people who level to cap in like a week. They always complain there isn't enough content. HELLO??? What about the 100s of hours worth of content you skipped? Duh! Maybe if you didn't skip it all you'd have something to do?

(I'm sure none of the people -here- will be doing that!)
  13. Chrilin

Reminds me of another topic that I would like to discuss..... Time for a new thread! ;)
  14. Chrilin

As far as the GameBreaker review/interview went.... The guy seemed poorly informed. I know that a lot of stuff in WS is still speculative but, he really didn't even get some of the known stuff right.

The part that really irks me is the reference to the game being childish because of the art direction of WS. I love the style that WS is going with, it is one of the draws of the game for me.... I am so tired of the blood and skull motief that other mmo's can't seem to get away from. Why does a game have to be covered in skulls to be mature?

Anyway it's just my two cents. Your mileage may vary. :whistling:
  15. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

That is excellent news! Once I experienced the area autoloot in Rift, everything else just seems to be a pain. Glad to hear you all are leaning toward that same type of mechanic.
  16. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

doh, I totally fully completely, like, so agree (did that sound young chick twit enough?).

Skulls, fascination with death and 24/7 killing and latrine humor is in my book for younger men still a long way from starting to develope an interesting mature personality. If anything is immature it is that - the girl side is pink ponies, barbie hair shops and game mechanics teaching that ones value is in how good one can look for ones man and how well one is to socialize instead of qualitize. At least some of the socializing aspects can be useful later in life, while skulls? not so much.

On the topic of that, a guild website tells a lot about a guild leadership and how well thought out their guild is. If it is mostly skulls, dark, black and red, I just don't go there. They can be nice enough people, but they pigeon hole their guild to one theme and the design has "young adult male" written all over it. If the guild otherwise publish itself as open to both genders and all ages or +18, the website needs to look it too.
  17. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

agreed, found this in Swtor and loved it :)