1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Going Free-to-Play

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, May 29, 2015.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

WildStar: Free-To-Play Announcement Trailer

So, with this official announcement out there... who is planning on rejoining the fold on Nexus? If not, why not? Inquiring fansites want to know (and since you don't need to subscribe to the game to post here...)
  2. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I'm coming Back, Even logging in for the first time in a few months and the game does feel a little different. I really do hope it fills back up.
  3. ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey New Cupcake

I'm coming back. I got to play only enough in beta to know I wanted to see more. When I started playing, though, I was also paying for ESO. I enjoyed WS but was more invested in ESO, so I stopped my subscription to WS. Now with both games going f2p, I'm happy to be able to play them both for free! Well, I started up my subscription again for the goodies, but don't know whether I'll continue paying.

WildStar has a unique feel to it that captures my imagination: gorgeous, imaginative design but a bit of a throwback in the gameplay and style, reminiscent in many ways of my much-beloved City of Heroes. Like CoH, I'm interested to try all the flavors of everything and I'll probably will have trouble choosing a main. With my limited MMO time available, I'm glad to have another chance to explore the Nexus.
  4. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I came back if there is life in the game I want to come back. The pvp server went to hell after the exodus
  5. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I'm lurking around. Tough to let go of the high hopes I had. That said, tried the game on a guest pass some time ago, and it still seemed riddled with performance issues on a more than decent setup, well actually, 2. Until that's resolved, no money is going WS way from my pocket, even if it's a one off.

I find it terribly disconcerting, that some of these problems are not being addressed at all. Especially the the UI itself is known to cause a lot of it and there are mods out there that help to address some of the issues. If skilled players can come up with solutions, why can't the devs?

One can only hope, that one day, before the game slips into oblivion, someone will react and make it playable.
    For now, I'll continue lurking ;)