1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Races & Classes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah... Aurin have cute big ol' bunny ears, big ol' hands, and big ol'..... eyes.... and... yep.
    *Hastily leaves thread*
    aspira likes this.
  2. .selebu

.selebu Cupcake

So, Humans are confirmed to be playable on the Dominion side.
    If the rumors of 3 races for each faction are true, that makes me a little bit sad.
    I hope they will have 4 on each side, and about 6-8 classes~
  3. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Where was this confirmed? I'm a little out of the loop right now, been spending time with Dragon Age instead of keeping an eye out for WildStar news. D;
  4. .selebu

.selebu Cupcake

In the buffed magazine, can't find it on their website (www.buffed.de) though.
    It's a german magazine anyways, don't know if that would be of any help.
  5. starspun

Maybe it'll be up on their site in a couple of days, then. German isn't much of an issue online, can always use Google translate for help!
  6. ImmortalExile

Curious...
    I hope there are more than three races per faction. Especially with a hand crafted new world, there are way too many possibilities to go with.
  7. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not convinced that any races are faction dependent at all. We'll see.
  8. .selebu

.selebu Cupcake

I was looking through their article online again and it is a short version of whats in the print magazine (to make you buy the mag, obv. xD)
    I can provide a scan when I'm home from work =)
  9. Guerulent

Guerulent New Cupcake

Ukraine, Kharkiv Region, Kupyansky District
    Less races = good balance. I like to coose from little number of choices, it makes "the choice" easier.
    Yepp? Or I'm wrong again? :D
  10. starspun

Well, if they aren't, the racial descriptions from Mike's screenshots make absolutely no sense at all (such as the Granok being there to "crack Dominion skulls", the Aurin being chased off their home planet, etc). And it was said in one of the videos that "these are the races of the Exiles" or something to that extent, which is pretty much insinuating that there are different races for each faction.
  11. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, we gotta figure Dominion are probably the "PickleHeads", or something.
    Brotoi likes this.
  12. aspira

aspira Founding Member

Hehe, this made me laugh.
  13. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

I'm not sure how less races = less balance. Races tend to be equal all things considered (unless you are constricting certain classes to certain races), unless you factor in racials. Racials however tend not to be significant in any way that has destroyed balance that I've seen. Now the more CLASSES you have, the harder it is to balance I think. But players expect a good amount of classes to choose from. They want to have their playstyle easily accessible and a good variety of play styles must be represented.
  14. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

Aurin, Esper. :3 ... Blasting stuff apart with my mind? Why the hell not! Also healing and group support :inlove:
    Brotoi likes this.
  15. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

I was actually thinking about this and yes ..I agree.. cute purple haired bunny eared girls are going to be hard to beat or even match.

I think the only shot the Dominion has is if they have a race of cute dark haired raccoon eared girls with fox tails
    Foxentist, Dragor and Autumnal like this.
  16. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Oooo! I like that idea! :D
  17. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

That sounds even cuter than Aurin, I might explode in delight if I saw such a race. :3 I vote this to be the Dominion race. Totally.
    VooDoo likes this.
  18. Dansa

Dansa New Cupcake

Here they confirmed that there are two factions Exiles and Dominion and that humans are in both factions

"TTH: How many races do you have?

Jeremy Gaffey: Human, Aurin, and Granok are three that are unlocked here at the conventions. Each faction has a variety of races. We have two factions: the Exiles – basically you’re the good guys and the Dominion, who are effectively the bad guys. Each has their own selection of races. Humans are in both factions. One of the things that you learn in MMOs is that people tend to pick their race based on some odd criteria. Usually, it’s how they look; how pretty they are or not or how badass they are. If you don’t know anything else, you pick human. That’s why you stick humans in both factions so you don’t have faction imbalances from day one. You put pretty races on both sides so they can always pick a pretty race. You put badass races on both sides so if you want to play a badass, it’s not that everyone has to play one faction. Faction imbalance sucks so you put a lot of work into your races to avoid that."

Source : http://www.tentonhammer.com/wildstar/interviews/cons-2011
  19. ImmortalExile

A 'Pretty' dominion race, eh?
    Humans?
    Badass dominion race? How 'bout a farkin' Dragon Hybrid man-beast? Ummm, yes, please... and thank you!
  20. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

I wish I could show you guys the Carbine Characters concept art image which has some of the possible Dominion races on it. Sadly, Carbine requested for me to take it down last year. Some of the founding members would remember it, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.