1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Races & Classes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Thank you!
  2. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Guess I have over read this, still a bit vague to me.
    So what is the breakdown of a character? Faction > Race > Class > Path >Role?
    Will all of the factions have the same Race \ Class \ Path make ups?
    Can all Races be all Classes and Paths?
    At what point do you determine your role like tank, healer or DPS?
    Will role be limited to Path or Class or even Race?
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

• The breakdown is more like this:
    Code:
    Faction > Race > Class > Role
                          (> Role)
                   > Path  > Role
    • We know the paths are not linked together with a class, so you can mix them up however you want.
    • We only know Humans can be played on both factions and in the lore that has been released last weeks we now know why.
    • The other races are (for now) Exile only. No other races announced for The Dominion faction yet, except humans.
    • We don't know how you pick your role yet. Carbine hinted at multiple roles possible within one class, but how they will implement that is still unknown.
    • A Path is a role, like being an Explorer. A class is a separate role as well. So imagine something like a Gunslinger Scientist or Esper Settler combinations.
    Izukar and Maddog Charlie like this.
  4. Aheadache

Thanks for the overview Black Wolf. Now I can follow what's going on.
  5. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

1. Black Wolf seemed to have gotten this. lol
    2. Same paths, both sides will have Human, and classes may be different if not similar with a different name, perhaps. We don't have much info on the latter.
    3. All Races can be any Path, but not the same Class. We know Granok's won't be able to be a Stealth class.
    4. We'll have to see. It may not be too different from the average MMO.
    5. Paths do not affect your class' efficiency, and Races are believed to be purely aesthetic. Class will probably determine how viable a particular Role will be.
  6. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I wonder if Carbine will give one class to each faction, like WOW did with Shaman/Pally before they let everyone be anything.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I really hope they make race and class combinations that make sense lore wise. Gnome Warriors, Goblin Priests, Night Elf Mages and Tauren Paladins for example are combinations that doesn't.
  8. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah kinda get that but dont forget these races existed independent of each other on separate planets for a long time so they would have developed their own warriors, mystics and such. Thats inevitable for the conflicts on their own planets.
    Me Im all for the variety of those mixed classes/races. Different cultures do the same thing just some are better at certain things than others ........like shoes .........I mean you wouldnt make them out of wood right ?
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Which brings up a point, if some of the races are restricted in class/path, it means they did not develop that knowledge from their history on their home planet(s). That being the case, they skills they do not know about should be foreign to them and they would have to develop ways to combat those skills since they should not know how to defend it at first. Will there be such a skill or is that too much?
  10. Maddog Charlie

Yeah but historically they have all been bundled together in the fleet for the last XX years so training could have been conducted, I mean if youre a minority group in a travelling exiled fleet you are going to want to have your own military/police/enforcement just to keep the peace from not having someone elses stomp all over 'your people'. Well for the Exiles anyway, Dominion may very well have some 'rule' about who gets to cut the Turkey ;)
  11. Aheadache

I hope they deliver on their choices for players ideas by including many races and classes but don’t over do it. Like 6 playable races per faction, with factions having some of the same races and then at least 8 or so classes building on the verity. That would build a good breakdown on healers \ tanks and DPS options I would think. If not that many on release at least add some later with expansions. This many options would keep me interested for years. Make sure there is at least one "awww how cute" one on each side so it makes it easy for me to convince my wife to roll an alt on another faction…
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  12. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Hahaha. Well, we Dutch did. They are called clogs. But Maddog knows that and wore them himself probably. And not everyone wears them here, like many believe we do! :D

Anyway, back to topic. The Esper class has telepathic abilities. I'm not saying Esper is an Aurin only class, because we don't know. But let's say that it is for example purposes. So if only Aurins have telepathic brains, I don't want to see any Granok as an Esper. It wouldn't make sense. Granok can't learn those abilities, because they don't have a brain that is suitable for those things. We don't even know Granok have brains, they are made from stone after all. :laugh:
  13. Maddog Charlie

Thats a fair comment true, but Granok are beings after all, maybe a stone outer shell with some sort of biological internals. Perhaps the stone is just like a turtles shell. Then there is always the application of technology to magnify or enhance telepathic ability ? but I do get your point maybe each race should have a specific trait which in the case of Granoks would tend them to be best at fighters/tanks ie Strength or endurance.
    But I still like the idea of a diverse world and mix of class's/paths/races. Otherwise you completely ruin my plans to have a role playing Granok Beautician specializing in nail implants and hairdressing :(
  14. Maddog Charlie

.........just no more Pandas ok LOL
  15. Aheadache

Yeah zero pandas.
  16. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I've read an article and misunderstood it. Apparently, it was an interviewer asking a question and mentioned the Granok not being very stealthy because of their size. So no, it hasn't been confirmed that Granok can't be a Stealth class. Forgive the error of my previous post!
  17. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

So, in this interview: http://www.mmo-game.eu/wildstar-q-and-a-session-with-jeremy-gaffney/#char
    Carbine says: 'We try to give archetypes of races to both factions, like the big burly guy, cute and small one or the dexterous looking race.'

If Granok are big burly and Aurin dexterous, who is cute and small?
    What can be as cool as a rock dude?

EDIT: I know, I know I'm probably seeing it wrong, but I honestly don't see Aurin as small and cute.
  18. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

We know that the Exile has a human on its side. But I don't know if I would call him cute and small :p
  19. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

There is still a hidden race on the Exile side not announced. ((To my knowledge anyway.))

I believe that one will be the "Cute and small" one.
  20. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

I thought the human was the dexterous one, and Aurins were the cute and small race.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.