1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar - Racial House Artwork

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Nightsong, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

I somehow feel that making housing buffs so great will take away from player interaction in the big city hubs.
    InnocentCivilian, Yakzan and Mudfin like this.
  2. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I don't think it will. If people are social, they'll mingle in the hubs.
    Gravy likes this.
  3. Gravy

Gravy Cupcake

I'm actually not very concerned about this, how much time did you spend in major city hubs where you weren't just waiting for the auction house, getting mail, or meeting with someone to craft something? In general the large cities just served as a way for you to do a lot of things, and the biggest bonus was the city chat. At long as a 'player housing chat' exists I don't think it will be a problem.
  4. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Games like EQ2 had housing similar at release and later they even added housing items that teleport you to special in game areas and all kinds of stuff and the social hubs never died down.

Housing just becomes a more centralized place where a person can solo-world build or they can invite small groups over for smaller social gatherings.

Hubs will always be where it's at though, with Auction Houses and vendors and "showing off your stuff" to the entire server. Don't think they can ever be replaced. :)
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

After watching the video I thought this as well, but i really wouldn't know. I have never given a rat's ass about housing before. There is a real good chance that is about to change. Very cool stuff!

Oh, and go Dreggs!
  6. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Exactly!

You sound like the kind of person who would play a fluffy Aurin.

Still love the whole hippie vibe from the Aurin houses.
  7. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

IDK, I'm pretty excited about the Dregg and can't wait to get the low down on their history. I'm guessing they're going to be able to be stalkers by the way the classes/race matches have been made thus far. A skinnier, smaller Dregg would look so badass as a stalker IMO. I'm making one :geek:
  8. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

I like the system of "staying home" to do things, however major things like the AH need to be done via a trip to a social hub.

It is almost like it is now, you leave your home to do major task while at home you do smaller task.
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

That Dregg looks very interesting, curious to see the variation and how they mirror the other races if they are indeed the 4th Exile race. :) The house art looks awesome as well. :p
  10. Vinbrulè

Vinbrulè New Cupcake

Omg!! The houses look so cool!! Especially the Aurin's one, it seems halfway between hobbit stile and my own house, I'm fall in love for it
  11. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Must admit, this concerns me a weeee bit as well. :p

I mean, houses as a social location is really cool, but the more players are attending events at peoples' houses, the fewer people will be in the cities.

Sure you may still have to go to town for certain things, but I don't know if they're gonna be as populated as some may like, since a fair amount of players may just opt to meet up at a certain house before doing an activity. >.>
  12. Choop

Choop New Cupcake

You're right, seeing a raid gather in a city was the best. There was definitely a buzz in the air. Jumping around Ironforge, "Oh you guys are on Major Domo huh? No I'm not attuned yet."
  13. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

And just SEEING it gave that buzz, even if you weren't part of it. Sure not every player is going to group at houses, but there'll still be that much fewer people out in the wild, so to speak. :p
  14. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I still think that city hub show off/gather stuff is gonna happen. It happened in EQ2 all the time and they had all those same reasons for guilds to be gathering in their houses.

When it comes down to it, people adore to strut and show off in MMOs to their entire server. It's just a natural thing.
  15. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

My raids always met at the Instance and dueled other raid teams while we waited for everyone to arrive!
    I suppose entering via a house will probably have a lengthy cooldown or something, maybe like one use per lockout.
  16. Lyli

Lyli New Cupcake

On a side but kind of on the point note: They did say in the video that you start off with a camp, than a small house and then a big house... I'd be curious to see the different kinds of camps if there are for the races... and I'm going to assume, considering the Housing dev speak video, that any race seems to be able to buy another race's house version... :) (The human/cassian had a small Aurin house)
    Housing.jpg
  17. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

I hope there is a reputation system and if you cap out a rep with another race you can use their houseing designs.
  18. Morggause

Morggause Cupcake-About-Town

19. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

My friend said he was on a PvP and while his Priest was waiting to enter Molten Core, he'd Mind Control Alliance and make them jump into the lava. >.>
    Yakzan likes this.
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

yes...that was annoyingly and horribly awesome...jump them off the chain going down and they burn up :-P
    Patrician likes this.