1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Song WildStar Songs -> Fanmade Lyrics and Vocals

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Jaedis, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Jaedis

Jaedis New Cupcake

Soooo, I've never tried something quite like this before. I wrote lyrics for Jeff Kurtenacker's excellent 'A Story of Hope and Healing' from WildStar. Then I recorded myself singing it *embarrassed*. Then put it all together with pieces of the official trailer.

For my Dominion friends who felt left out, here is one set to 'Systematic Domination' ; P Forgive the audio quality on this...

Comments? Questions? Pointing and laughing?
  2. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

I think you did alright. It takes a lot of guts to post your work for random internet users to critique! I hope to see more from you.
    Vilonic likes this.
  3. Jaedis

Jaedis New Cupcake

Thanks for the comment, Carebear ^_^
    Always nice to get feedback.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  4. Carebear Commander

Tbh, I thought your submission would get more attention. I feel all bad it's just sitting on its lonesome. :cry:
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well tbh I don't ever comment on music things like this for 1 reason:

I once had a friend of mine (who can sing very well), then she recorded it and put it in youtube, she gave me the link......and I listened it.....

Seriously it sounded so different from the real her...10times worse, just because she doesn't have any good recording equipment etc.

So how can we say something about it, if there are so many things that can ''change'' it when you put it on the nets?

So after that I promised never to respond to things like this :D
  6. Carebear Commander

Fair enough. I just wanted to encourage Jaedis, even if various equipment and programs can affect the quality of work. It takes a lot of guts to post your work sometimes, and I wanted to commend her efforts to express her love for WildStar.
    Extatica likes this.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oke...well Jaedis should be thankfull to you. You just gave her my like :D
  8. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

I have to agree with Extatica, but with the other side of wether or not to comment about something. No intention to hurt, but I did not like either song, but mostly because the recording equipment sucked. I could not really understand the words, so I can't even give a good critique on the lyrics. What I can say though is that at times I could hear your voice and the words clearly, and I do actually like your voice! I encourage you to keep singing, but before posting it on the nets see what you can do about a better mike or something.
    Oh, and of the two, I did prefer the exile song, your voice matches the dreamy pretty style much better than the military propaganda style.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I imagine a deep male voice for the second one :D Some deep sexy male voice....hmmmm....
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  10. Bantheera

Bantheera Cupcake

Thanks for these! :) I could never let anyone listen to something I've recorded, good luck with future songs!