1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar-themed signature & avatar

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Rai, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Isopropyl

Isopropyl New Cupcake

Omfg bunny u are amazing!!! It's beautiful u are a very very good artist keep it up!!
    BunnyLove likes this.
  2. Kegtapper

Kegtapper New Cupcake

Badass! Thank you Bunny!!!!
    BunnyLove likes this.
  3. Isopropyl

Isopropyl New Cupcake

Hey bunny could u also do one for my father if u wouldn't mind. Name: Oxican
    Guild: C.L.A.W
    Race: Draken Male
    Class: Warrior
    Path: Scientist
    Faction: Dominion
  4. Isopropyl

Isopropyl New Cupcake

Bunny for some reason the url doesn't work says connection error when I try to go to it
  5. Alundra

Alundra New Cupcake

Hello Bunnylove,

Thank you so much. Another great piece of work by you.
    But would you mind doing it in a less girlie style and in a more military/rebellion style?
    It is my fault because i didn´t said that before. So it is me to blame for.It is a great Signature without a question.
    It only doesn´t fit my personal female warrior style. As i said it´s a little bit too girlie for my taste.
    I´m very grateful for this signature but i would be endless happy if you could change it in a
    military/rebellion style. ;)
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Then why would you ever pick that picture as your avatar?....kinda defines being ''girly'' in the army with no grain of military ''training'' in her.

No, even your avatar screams ''i'm a girl, get me out of this army!''.....:cautious:

Well truth be told the entire Exile faction screams ''girly''....but Kit is just the top!
  7. Dedish

Dedish New Cupcake

Thank you the top one is perfect :D
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  8. BunnyLove

BunnyLove New Cupcake

Alright...that's it for today...I'll finish up tomorrow :)
    Elunia likes this.
  9. Banned

Banned New Cupcake

10. Alundra

Alundra New Cupcake

Thank you so much Bunnylove!
    It is simply amazing. I apologize for the circumstances.
    You are a great artist! :)
  11. Parasomnia

Parasomnia New Cupcake

WOW your work is awesome, i would love to get a signature as well

Faction: Dominion
    Class: Stalker
    Path: Explorer
    Name: Parasomnia
    Guild: Ex Inferno guild pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhxdgjsx0kmwge0/EI-Flame.svg
    Race: Cassian
    Pic: if you could use this guy it would be awesome
    and i dont know if it could fit, but if you can get the name of my raid group somewhere it would be awesome
    the name is "[PIG]"
  12. Dogblaster

Dogblaster New Cupcake

I love it, the yellow background looks also pretty awesome. You do have a nice, how its callled, stylishness:) But ye if you could remove those cogs that would be great, also I found a guild ''EXTERMINATUS'' so if you could add that instead of the BOT picture and I am unsure on race (Granok or Mordesh) but I see that you did not put any particular race in it so that is solved! Thank you :-*
  13. Alundra

Alundra New Cupcake

Hello again Bunnylove :)

My wife is so delighted with your signatures. Now she wants one too for her character. ;)

Name: Alundria
    Class: Medic
    Race: Human Female
    Faction: Exile
    Path: Scientist
  14. ronon1983

ronon1983 New Cupcake

Love it ty xxx
  15. ronon1983

ronon1983 New Cupcake

Hi bunnylove i ran into a problem some guy message me with this :(

Hello there,

I was glancing across your works and noticed that your signature features artwork from one of our community artists: Pyra with a piece that she did specifically for a blog article on the Scowling Cassian. I wanted to check and make sure if you have asked the artist for permission to use their artwork in your signature as I do not see any credit given.

If you have not I ask that you please remove your signature and contact the artist before further use or find another piece of WildStar art from the lovely Carbine folks that you could use without issue to community artists.

Thank you for your time. If you need help getting in contact with the artist you are welcome to ask here and I will help how I can.

-Johne

http://meridian-cks.enjin.com/profile/2307737
  16. BunnyLove

BunnyLove New Cupcake

Awe! No problem Rono...I'll find ya another one or contact the artist :) They usually don't mind for signatures. I'll contact him and get back to you on this one! I find artwork all over the web for these and take images from video and the Wildstar website...so everywhere...trying to find a good representation of all of your toons. Sometimes I mix and match 5 images to create one toon for a signature. I'd draw them all myself...but no one would get signatures for months!
    Elunia likes this.
  17. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

I'm... actually pretty sure NONE of the artists involved in some of those recent signatures have been contacted, nor the people whose characters the artwork was of. There's apparently one signature using my own Paksara Phillips in there—artwork I paid Pyra for!—which I'm fairly sure neither she nor I was contacted about.

As a photographer whose work has been taken and used elsewhere before, I have to say, even if you are used to people going "ah, sure, no problem", it's really always best to err on the side of asking permission before using someone else's character, or someone else's artwork, or whatever. Especially since they may have done the work for money, for someone else. I have, for instance, photos I can show in my portfolio but which were done for-pay for someone, and so which I—even as the photographer—do not have the right to then go and relicense/re-sell to someone else.

But even all that aside... really, there are so many awesome artists in the WildStar community, and so many of them offer commissions, isn't it way better to actually pay them some money to do a picture of your character? You get a unique piece of artwork, they get money, everyone benefits!

This is why I'm always happy to pay folks in the community to do pictures of Pax like the one used in the spellslinger signature in this thread, or as my avatar, or in my signature. I highly recommend others do; having unique artwork of your characters is awesome. :)
  18. Londrieved

Londrieved New Cupcake

Going to add that specifically for the Medic one, the art was done explicitly to be used on the Scowling Cassian, as apart of the class blowout a few months ago. And that the artwork is of the artist's personal character, Himmel. And that the artist is extremely not fond of her work being used in such a way.

In addition, as a rule, using someone's artwork without their expressed permission is art theft, which the TOS here has specific things to say about. I know it would take you much longer to make these signatures otherwise, but in all frankness thems the breaks kid.

If we don't support the rights of artists to their work, they'll cease feeling comfortable sharing their work, and I think we can all agree that would be a travesty.
  19. Dist

Dist Cupcake

<Mod Beard>
    BunnyLove, stealing artwork that does not belong to you or which you have rights to use (such as someone who commissioned a piece) and then not only modifying it to remove the original artists signature and removing any credit to who owns those pieces and making it seem as if you created them is very serious and as such I have banned you for impersonation.

For any artists that know artwork is being misused please report any post you see (even if it's a signature of that post) and I'll remove all art that has been used without the owners consent. I'm sorry for what he has done and I hope to remove the signatures as quickly as possible.

For those who have had signatures from him don't worry you wont be punished as you weren't to know, but please remove the signatures yourself or they will be removed by myself or one of the mod team.

Once again, to all the artists that have created such awesome work and had it misused and credit stolen I'm truly sorry, and hope to clean this up as quick as possible.
    </Mod Beard>
    Voison, Brenner, Himmel and 1 other person like this.
  20. Isopropyl

Isopropyl New Cupcake

I'm pretty sure she didn't steal every single piece of art in all these signatures. Plus she's taken time out to make the community signatures. Give her a break guys.