1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar-themed signature & avatar

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Rai, Apr 7, 2013.

1. BunnyLove2.0

BunnyLove2.0 New Cupcake

Hello All,

I created a new account to say my peace. First, I'd like to apologize formally to the artists. I truly didn't realize some of these works were commissioned and that the work wasn't available to the Wildstar community for use in personal signatures. I realize the effort it takes to draw these amazing pieces and I was never taking credit for drawing them myself. Never once did I say..."Hey! I drew this for you and placed it in this awesome signature just for you!". I never took payment for these signatures and I was truly only trying to provide fun signatures for people in this community.

Second, I didn't "hack" up images to use in these signatures. I never removed signatures and most of the images I found through internet searches were already in vector form or had been pulled from the original artwork so I didn't get to see them in the artists "original" posted form. Many of these were already vectored to remove whatever the artist may have included with the image. People also linked images for me to use in their signature. I wasn't the only one pulling art from the internet. Many of the signatures I made were to the direct specifications of the people I created them for, using the images they provided to me (and it took more than 20 minutes to "slap them together"). Don't yell at those people either, I'm sure they were completely unaware as well. Looking through the community (and other unrelated Wildstar communities) people use all kinds of images online for their Avatar pics...so if you are going to go all out and start screaming about the signatures...don't forget the Avatars!

Third, all the yelling. I'd like to tell all of you that have some serious anger issues to calm down. Not once did anyone ever say to me, "Hey BunnyLove, I don't know if you know this, but using Wildstar images not from the main Wildstar site is a no-no and you need to redo the signatures that contain work not posted by officially by Wildstar". Do you know how easy that would have been? I can modify Wildstar characters to look different ways if I knew I had to do it that way. Easy-peazy, no problems and you wouldn't have had to have this giant forum scream fest. I am a wonderful person with feelings and I do wonderful things for my friends and family and complete strangers. I'm a big help in game, crafting things for people without taking any mats in return, and I really thought people were enjoying the signatures and didn't know I was doing anything wrong. If I had, don't you think I wouldn't have been posting all of this stuff publicly for people to see? I also wouldn't have been promoting the Guild I'm in and giving my contact info away so freely. I'm an easy person to get a hold of and one email would have been plenty for me to say "OH no! I have to redo these now" and then redo them. Simple as that.

Fourth, because I am an easy person to get a hold of, i'd like to thank all of the people that stood up for me in the forums and that sent me supportive messages through my guild site and through my email. For every negative comment posted to this thread I received 3 supportive comments and that was really nice of you guys. I have never participated in forums before, but my guild requires us to stay active in our guild forums, and I found that by doing these signatures for people it was a great way to stay involved and have a reason to participate rather than just posting for the sake of posting.

I will never and have never treated a person the way some of you treated me. It was completely uncalled for, and even though the internet provides a certain amount of anonymity, everyone in here is a person and you should think before you type. If someone breaks the rules or does something you don't agree with, let them know before you turn them into some sort of online pariah. The signatures were supposed to be a simple fun way to show love for the WIldstar game and represent your personality. Almost all of the sigs I made came from official WIldstar images, but those of you that have other artwork used, let me know and i'll swap out the character :) and as always, anything I make can be used by anyone in the wildstar community.
    Boltonsquad, Rai, Maeglin and 4 others like this.
  2. Kihlo7

Kihlo7 New Cupcake

Im not too sure how to go about doing this but if someone out there has some free time lol

Kihlo
    Aurin Spellslinger
    realm..Avatus
    Guild.... Elitist Neckbeards
    whatever you think would be cool go for it i seriously need to learn how to do this sometime
  3. SavageCore

SavageCore New Cupcake

Thanks so much for the template :)
    Rai likes this.
  4. Boltonsquad

Boltonsquad New Cupcake

These signatures are absolutely fantastic, even if the artwork wasn't your's your time and dedication in putting these together for other players was great!.

Hopefully you are still doing them and I would request one:

Name: Shimano
    Guild: Exterminatus
    Race: Aurin Male
    Class: Esper
    Path: Settler
    Faction: Exile

Thank you!
  5. Marcsonic

Marcsonic New Cupcake

If you are still making sigs I would love one:

Name: Malorash