1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Town Hall Meetings - June 2013

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Nyxis, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyxis

Nyxis Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has been 5 months since the last town halls and it's about time we planned out our next get together. There has been quite a lot of information released since we last met... and it looks like we're in for quite a treat in the upcoming weeks. Keep an eye on this thread for the exact date & times for both the NA & EU town halls.​
    Next NA / EU meetings:
    TBA in early November 2013
    [​IMG]

TeamSpeak 3 Info:
    ts3.fragworld.org​
    Live on:
    [​IMG]

Welcome!

The crew over at LND / SVG has scheduled Wildstar Town Hall in order to bring organizations within the Wildstar community to meet each other & to discuss trending topics. This should be a great chance for new & old guilds alike to introduce themselves and for community events to be discussed. There will be two meetings held so to allow as many groups to participate. Take note that these meetings will be held via TeamSpeak 3 voice communication.

A secondary goal with the Town Hall is to generate results in the form of polls that will be sent to Carbine. The questions for the polls will be created during the meetings as we discuss various key topics.

We want to hear what you have to say! Moderators will be presenting topics (PvP, PvE, Housing, etc) progressively during the meeting in order to keep discussions relevant... it is then up to you, the community, to elaborate on these topics as you want. Be sure to provide adequate information regarding your interest / concern.

While the information available on Wildstar is still limited, these meetings will help us build a routine as a community and better understand the outlook that each group has.

If you are a guild, an organization, or a fansite for Wildstar and wish to participate, please complete the form linked below with the information requested & remember to provide the name of up to 2 (max) representatives that will be attending. During the meeting, the TeamSpeak 3 tag for your organization will be found in front of your name (ex: [LND] Nyxis).

If you are not a guild member, in an organization, or a fansite for Wildstar, please voice your interest /concern by posting a comment below. Everyone's voice matters!
    Townhall Info Vid
    NA Wildstar Town Hall - June 5th, 2013
    EU Wildstar Town Hall - June 6th, 2013

[​IMG]

Attention
    If you have concerns regarding this event, please contact a member of LND via PM. We will address any questions you may have.
    Dysp, Yakzan, Brenner and 2 others like this.
  2. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Does it have to be 2?

Is there a reasoning for that or can we just have 1 rep? 11am on a Thursday may be hard to get another rep from my guild. :)

Edit: Asked Blankspace - it's a maximum of 2, so I can just be by myself. :)
  3. Vuxxy

Vuxxy Cupcake

Email sent! Sweet deal.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If your guys, Townhall meetings are somehow the same as this one...then i'm sure people will come!

Just kidding, nice innitiative :up: And GL on it, since i won't be attending unless you come over to the Netherlands :D (c'mon Sabre even you had to see it's a joke....)
  5. Sabre070

It's over the Internet, lol..
  6. Gray

Gray Podcaster

You have our ..axes. Nexus Weekly.

Reppin: Gray & Pseudo
    Nyxis likes this.
  7. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

god TS why..., will there be rotary phones and 96b dial-up modems too?

2013...why TS

/headdesk
  8. Sabre070

What would you rather use?

All VoIP programs are pretty much the same, it's just whatever you prefer.
  9. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Well I have tried TS, Mumble, and Vent for extended periods and during raiding. Out of those 3, Vent was the most clear and responsive, with Mumble 2nd and being less clear, and finally TS sounding like a tin can placed in a wastebasket.

Its not really a big deal, I was mostly poking fun :) ...but ya, 2013 I see Vent more in the gaming scene and I understand why.
  10. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

It was the only one I could afford to pay for a 300-500 slot server out of my own pocket. Sorry if this is inconvenient but it is what we have to work with.
    Mudfin and Kethrym like this.
  11. Silvers

Silvers New Cupcake

would love to show up! . . assuming work lets me.

Guild: Veracity
    Rep Name: Silvers
  12. Exiled

Exiled New Cupcake

Terminus will represent here.

Exiled and Insult will be the representatives.
  13. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

It is my intent to voluntarily enlist myself as emissary for those who selflessly dedicate themselves to crafting by using the concerns that we, as a part of this community, have already compiled in a previous thread. :coffee:

(Speaking of which; our concerns are numerous... will there be a limit to how many concerns we can bring up? Let me know in a Private Message; I want to discuss prioritization with the other contributors of the discussion beforehand.)
    SpaceGecko and Kethrym like this.
  14. Joezzles

Joezzles New Cupcake

This is really cool! I'd love to participate. I run a fan blog over on tumblr, not so many followers yet but it's been picking up steam. My name's Joey and I'm the only one who runs the blug (thewildstarblog.tumblr.com)
  15. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

God dammit mate, you keep cracking me up xD
  16. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Until you link a 2nd thread so this can be discussed in a more civilized manner, people are going to comment in this thread.

Listen..

Listenlistenlisten..

I appreciate what you guys are trying to do here. It's a neat idea and one that has alot of potential..

But that potential is heavily weighed down by the fact that this could be one of the biggest 'messes' (and that's putting it lightly) that you guys may have to go through.

You're trying to setup something on a timely fashion about things that are as fluid as water and with things that may well be polarized worse than the United States Government. It's bad enough that some of these discussions turn into flame wars, but getting all these people into the same TS channel is going to be difficult.

As far as teamspeak being able to actually implement a line system for people to ask questions or vocalize their concern.. I'm unaware at this time if Teamspeak can actually do it nor do I have mean's to test or find out.. but I don't think this will be easy to pull off unless it does (and if It does.. ignore this..)

....And as awesome as this is, especially if the dev's could actually listen to this... as far as actual conversation goes, I believe the forums serve a much better purpose in this regard because we know the dev's come in here, listen to us and actually have discussions WITH us about their game and idea's they may have questions that they want feedback on. It's easier for them to read them on a forum than it is to listen to it over youtube or whatever the files may be listed on. Yeah, if they're in the channel listening in.. that's great but the moment they come out and start talking in these meetings, the mob mentality is going to happen and people are going to want to start spamming the channel/talking/asking them questions. This doesn't help anyone and puts more pressure on Carbine than you may intentionally want.

And i'm going to be that guy here.

You guys are limiting 2 people per guild if they're from a guild... I know you're hosting.. but shouldn't you also do the same? (edit: or are you already limiting yourselves to two?) It looks like you may unintentionally be having a heavy hand in this...
  17. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Jay and I would like to be on the attendees list (from WildStarFans/ExtraKick). I'll be out of town on a business trip but should be able to attend. (NA meeting)
  18. Aegon

Aegon Cupcake

There are plenty of moderation options in TS to handle this. This has been done for other games like Guild War 2 and Battlefield 3 where we easily had over 100 people show up and had civil discussions about the game. We wouldn't be putting on this event if Carbine had an objection to it. We will only have 2 official representative there as well, anyone else will be handling moderation to keep the chat civil and flowing. If this turns out like every other Town Hall I've been involved with, Im sure the Devs will be lurking for the whole meeting, but you'll never know who they are.
  19. WarPlots

WarPlots Cupcake

Count us in. Would it be possible if one of us attends an NA meeting and the other an EU meeting, Sera is in Sweden, and I Boston.
    Nyxis likes this.
  20. Nyxis

Nyxis Cupcake-About-Town

Not a problem :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.