1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Town Hall Meetings - June 2013

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Nyxis, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

Submitted attendance form :) But just as a extra layer of notification -

Gyoin and Zakis of alttabme.com would love to be a part of the NA discussion. Hopefully we can be of help to the cause!
  2. ShadowedSin

ShadowedSin New Cupcake

The BlackSky will be participating as I've signed myself up. One of my officers may be coming, but the times may not line up!
  3. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Trying hard to see the benefits of this event and yet to see any.

The current dialogue between us (the community) and them (the developers) is on such good speaking terms that we do not require an additional layer to filter out the nonsense.
    All controversial issues are things they have commented on and will either change, be adjusted or simply something people will have to deal with as that's the games vision.
    If needed developers have request information from us.

Back when i spend my time gathering information to send of directly to developers, i wanted a large platform as possible.
    Creating this controlled environment shrinks the platform, therefor the polls hosted there are simply non representing, not to mention the notion of putting value on feedback and opinions based on headcount.

I don't see any foul play in this but i would put down 1000 euros that nothing new would come from this as it would be same vocal people bringing forth the same opinions on the same know information.

For the rest i'm in full agreement with Sera, stating that this is way too soon and also not what the GW2 event was about.
    Methios and Ceodoc like this.
  4. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Amen
  5. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Just so I can come up with some valid questions. Is it the, talking about, talking about meeting?

6. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

I wanted to hit reply to a bunch of the posts above but I'm going to try to wrap it all up here as quickly as possible.

Before I begin can I just say whew!? I'd personally appreciate it in the future that if ANYONE has concerns about anything the SVG is helping setup, facilitate, or organize to feel free to contact me at pretty much anytime. I'd rather not get blasted on social media when I'm on my weekend away Tweeting beachside :p Some of my watchwords include transparency, integrity, and being altruistic in nature.

This is a Wildstar Community Townhall. (This isn't a GW2 Townhall, a Eve Townhall, or a real life Townhall :p) If the foci is to generate conversation and present a few polls over some topics, the variable with the most weight is generating a dialog with the active Wildstar community and possibly gathering some data secondly :)

We do have many different ways to give feedback to Carbine. This is another. Why not set it up and see who wants to turn out? At least you know that Blank will bring the BBQ and cool beverages for everyone!

Roland in response to your long post about numbers and what constitutes a community let me just explain this and move on: A focus group mentality is what I was going for. You can read more here and I hope it answers your questions about the design of the Townhall. :p http://sociology.about.com/od/Research-Methods/a/Focus-Groups.htm (So glad people write this stuff up for times like this.)

The idea of using the website StrawPoll was mine, and was just to gather some numbers. As a sociology grad I'm well aware of the sample size, building a probability sample, dealing with the margin of error, ect ect. Bringing the community together is the main focus. Being able to snag a few polls was just an afterthought during pre-planning. But I need to stress some important points here:
    • This was a chance to bring the Wildstar community together to get to know each other (besides just forums/irc) and chat about some of the things on our minds.
    • We wanted to make sure that every time zone was represented
    • Any data collected would be as objective as possible
    • Any data collected would weigh as much as any other feedback. Assuming anything else is silly? We ain't the Illuminati or Monsanto folks :confused:
    • Any data collected would be publicly available
    • No one from the community was to be excluded. If people wanted to help out all you have to do is contact myself or Nyxis. The only moderation to be done is to make sure that some TeamSpeak decorum maintains during conversations of important topics that some people will feel very strongly about.
    • I(we) are not here to muddy the community but try to help strengthen it. If I have thought so many people were going to think we had 'sinister' intentions and we going to do things like moderate peoples voices out, mis-represent data, or something other than pure intentions... I/we wouldn't have even started putting in the manhours to try to put this event together.
    Right now we are still watching the game and the community grow almost in tandem. We would like to conduct a few more of these "TownHalls" in the future at different points in time when there is more stuff to talk about. If you are like me you are well aware that there are new podcasts, websites, blogs, vodcasts, and live shows each week. A new guild shows up at WSC to say they are actively recruiting for Wildstar. Communities are opening up chapters for this amazing game. We/I feel that if you want a good community you try to help build one. This is as close as some of us are going to get to an Arkship event or meeting at a Convention. (See y'all at Pax East next year, btw). Sooooo sometimes people don't like the kitchen you purpose, so what? Lets talk less about how you don't like bay windows and more on how we can have a nice kitchen together in the future eh?

We are still looking for topics of discussion that people want to absolutely want to make sure is on the agenda to touch on. Otherwise the format is looking a bit like this:

Introductions
    Explanation of why a Townhall is important (it isn't just for feedback everyone!)
    Discussion of Topics purposed on WSC/Twitter/FB/anywhere
    Polls being made available to attendees
    Open discussion
    Closing Stream/Youtube
    Organizations/Guilds/Fansites Mingle Time (find others with like minded approaches to Wildstar! Make a friend!)

Looking forward to these events! Again I want to stress that if anyone has any concerns feel free to contact myself or Nyxis at any time. Thanks everyone!
    Sonntam likes this.
  7. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

That's fine, had you said that in the first place (heck, clearer writing in the first place) I wouldn't have gone off so far.

Like I said in my other posts, I do hope something comes out of it. I personally won't be there as I will be on vacation this week, camping (and hitting nerds with sticks till they s*** bricks)... but I wish you luck.

I hope something useful (see: Constructive) comes out of this. Alot of the topics i've seen lately have just been talking in circles and there's little to no resolution because people can't come to terms on an even ground.

Good luck. :)
    Blankspace likes this.
  8. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

Greetings all! Mizpah and I will be showing up to represent Enigma.

If needs be, we can offer our platform for future Town Halls to spread the workload and tasks as needed. :)
  9. Blankspace

Y'all need to know that I had Nyxis write that post up at like, 2am before I went on a weekend vacation :p
    Ironing out bugs and all that!

Topics folks! Bring them out if you don't have a rep and want to make sure that everything gets brought up!
  10. Kolas

Kolas New Cupcake

MOG Nation will be there, with myself and Jb attending. Thanks for setting this up!
  11. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

Hey all, i'll attempt to show up,kinda writing alot these days among my personal books and such looking into some game site writing jobs as well but always cool to join in on WS community stuff, no real questions that likely have not been asked but interested in what happens and is answered!
    Kethrym likes this.
  12. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

I did NOT log in a whole day early for this... erm..... SQUIRREL!
    Blankspace likes this.
  13. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

There seems to be internet troubles for Patrician and Ender of WSRP and there is a good chance they may not be able to make it. So, as a proud moderator of WSRP, I will be representing both the Scowling Cassian and the WSRP community as well should they not gain their connection back in time.
    Patrician likes this.
  14. Blankspace

Team Speak Information is up. Feel free to filter on in :)
    Brenner likes this.
  15. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone who attended the NA one and I am really looking forward to the EU one tonight! :)
    Kethrym likes this.
  16. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Fantastic job by everyone, both the talkers and the listeners. This is shaping up to be a pretty awesome community. :)
  17. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Sonntam and kanochi like this.
  18. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

19. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

Thanks for putting this on last night! Sorry for bringing up topics that I guess were more "notes" than discussion topics >_> but I enjoyed it none-the-less. :inlove:
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

From what I've heard and seen this was an amazing and resounding success! Love that it went so well, and sad due to our itnernet issues Ender and I couldn't make it, but really glad Renaise and "The Scowling Cassian" were able to represent WildStar Roleplay for us.

Can't wait to attend the next one! *shakes fist at ISP and trucks and connection lines*
    Nyxis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.