1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar will fail if this isn't changed

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by KADAMA, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

Housing appears to be one gold sink, either large or small depending on your interest in such things.
    Crafting, especially certain tradeskills, appears to be another.
  2. Dist

Dist Cupcake

KADAMA let me ask you this, that 500 member guild you used as an example, why would those 500 players stay in the guild week after week if the money was just being misused by just the guild leader, or officers? People are free to leave a guild whenever they like, or even look into a guild before blindly accepting to join such a guild.

The players who choose to play in those guilds despite the conditions should be free to continue if that's their choice, who are we to decide what sort of taxes/ranks some guild should use.
    Darkace, Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  3. Channon

Channon New Cupcake

Whenever I come across a long post complaining about something or dooming something to fail, I look for a couple things.

First is credibility. Do you have more than 5 posts? Is your name not in all caps? Assuming I feel like believing you, do you work in or have gone to school for the topic you are talking about?

Next is facts. I want to see facts, not hunches or opinions. How is this useful to me? Please don't try to disguise them as facts. This goes back to #1. Why should I care about your opinion?

Finally, I don't think that Carbine (or any game maker) should be responsible for people's stupidity. Coffee is hot, don't spill that <REDACTED> on your lap. When joining a guild, make sure you trust the guild master when paying a guild tax.

Read the <REDACTED>ing manual. Have a nice day!
    Darkace, Kataryna and Ianpact like this.
  4. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

FYI Calebrus, as confirmed by our very Own ICO in one of his Livestreams, the Member limit has been lifted by Carbine even though the GUI still shows it in place. Right out of the gate a guild can now have 500 members. There are still plenty of other things to spend that Influence on however.
    calebrus likes this.
  5. calebrus

Good to know. The only stream I'd seen regarding guilds had the limits in place, at least visually.
  6. calebrus

And that comment right there only serves to prove without a doubt that you are indeed exactly the person that you're complaining about in the OP.
    Well played.
    Kataryna and gabers1 like this.
  7. Yule

Yule Cupcake

If we where to remove everything in the world that can be abused, there would not be that much left.

Dont blame the system for what people do with it. Blame the people.
  8. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

:roflamo: :roflamo::roflamo: Ouch , you made me spill my coffee ! :eek:
  9. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I think humanity does fail everyday.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yup, just look at this guy ;)

JK Kono! Still love you :inlove:
  11. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

OP you lost me at Guild Vaults complaints. Don't join a zerg guild and you wont have to worry about it. Join a well build guild with a good structure where members are treated fairly. Oh MY GOD! 5% HOLY COW thats almost as bad as the gov taking 20-30% of most americans hard earned money and u having no say and then u dont qualify for anything that you pay into... Funny how that <REDACTED> works.. If you dont like it, DONT JOIN. :) anyways I will now read your other complaints.
    Ianpact likes this.
  12. Grommet

Grommet New Cupcake

While the "doom and gloom" of the OP's post is a little silly, I can admit that the one player 5% switch did make me uncomfortable when I read it. I'd prefer to see multiple officers (from separate account) be needed to enact the tithe.
    Ianpact likes this.
  13. jetah

jetah Cupcake

Eve Online has had optional tax for over 10 years. it's still out!
  14. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

And sub based.

Games don't fail over this stuff. Easy as that. Anyone who has ever played an MMO for more then a month would know that. So right away I could discard anything this guy said if he thinks that this is the breaking point.

Like Jetah said, EvE is still out and very much sub based. It may not be the most popular but it is successful.
  15. MaBucket

MaBucket New Cupcake

The only scenario I can imagine this being a problem, is for those who decide to join a HUGE guild for the purpose of gaining Guild rewards only and in fairness you deserve to be taxed if you plan to leech.

In general I think this addition is awesome, if you don't like it then you probably just don't want to contribute to the Guild effort. Thumbs up for the 5%.
  16. Xaine

Xaine Cupcake

Another doom thread.

Lets watch the news.

Ceodoc, Ianpact and RavenWind like this.
  17. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

I'm a guild leader and our guild is based around supporting each member like a family. We have talked about this guild taxing but are not really interested in using it unless our war plot or guild events get to costly.
  18. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Someone mentioned you got a bad deal along the way, could be a reason for your ridiculous statement.

If I had my way I would pay my officers a wage from the guildbank....but they would never have it and what's more, the free time they give up to raise a massive community from the ground up, is mind blowing, they deserve real life wages, nevermind in game bonuses.

You really must be clueless as to the amount of your soul you put into a large gaming community as a senior officer, nevermind GM. To place all your hard work at risk for some pathetic in game currency would not cross the mind of 99.9% of GM's out there.

You are so far off the mark, I shouldn't even have come here writing this.

Ceodoc
    GM, Filthy Gorgeous

ps Again my heartfelt thanks to all my senior officer team for what you do /humbled
    amirthra and Faust.A like this.
  19. Werzal

Werzal New Cupcake

I understand you don't hate the game you just want Carbine to change this idea, well I don't know if you've noticed but most of the people if not everyone disagrees with you.
    The biggest reason why people disagree with you is because guild's are optional you don't have to join that guild. The thing about MMO's is that you make the choices, the wellbeing of your character is created by you and you alone.
    Just because you don't like it does not mean that Wildstar is doomed to fail, it's no WoW killer but it's the best i've seen in a long time and I cannot wait for a place in Beta ;D
  20. Faust.A

Faust.A New Cupcake

Overall what Werzal says is right. Guilds are optional and Carbine sees that the majority disagrees with you so nothing will change. Instead of just complaining you should be thinking on how to fix it. Since the Dev's are truly listening and have a deep appreciation for their fans. They would take a suggestion to fix the problem.
    Although in my opinion, when I started playing W.o.W I had someone to show me the ropes on what a good or bad guild is. Shoot without him I probably wouldn't have been able to play end game content. So I really believe there needs to be some Guild Education for the new players, so we can prevent the scammers from having easy prey. And, so that everyone can enjoy the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.