1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar wowhead?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Wreck, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

That ZAM site closed months ago. Maybe you're confused with the new Curse site?
  2. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

3. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

Bleh... okay. Definitely was confused. ZAM and Curse have apparently merged in my mind. :eek: I blame this on not having coffee this morning.
    Patrician likes this.
  4. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

I am hoping for a Wildstar version of Wowhead too, its always nice to check which bosses drop which loot, or how to do a quest that might be a little unclear how to do in game. If it appeared in game, I could see it being similar to WoW's dungeon journal that lets you look at boss abilities and loot. So even with that Wowhead sites would still be needed.
    starspun likes this.
  5. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Personally, I think what we've seen with the reveal of the Galactic Archives will be enough for an in-game database. Out-of-game I'd definitely like to see something along the lines of Wowhead, though - at least as long as it's an actual *head database and not the mess they gave us with their Rift database. Yes, it's similar to their *head sites, but it's really not satisfactory.

Whether or not ZAM does one, there's definitely going to be databases made for WildStar. Whether they'll be maintained is another question entirely.

I think the WildStarSource name is the culprit of this. I always associated the Source sites with Curse. I was really surprised (and confused) to see the ZAM name attached to WildStar Source when the site surfaced. :p
    Ayr, moneda and Evion like this.
  6. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I love out of game data base sites. I like doing my research, especially if I'm looking to grind crafting or find gear upgrades. I think it was the week before swtor launched that I uploaded about 200 photos and made a few hundred comments. What can I say, I'm a contributor.
  7. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I hope this works with tagging items/objectives to wishlists and to-do lists, having multiple wishlists and to-do lists for character and/or account. I am a tad bit OCD about planning ahead even when I am a couple of levels from being able to do what I am aiming for.
  8. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

Yeah i would definately want that, and i can see there will be several addons for the game as well.
  9. Zee

Zee Cupcake

I myself am not really keen on all these database sites. I think it takes away the excitement of discovery. I do understand that it's practical and that if I don't want to use it , I can choose no to.
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

honestly, i think a site like the GW2 wiki was awesome. esp since, ingame, you could type in /wiki (whatever here) and it would pop up a browser tab out of game with the info. and i also liked Rift's where it told you who on each shard discovered each item/npc/quest/mob/etc
  11. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

We would still be lvling without that lovely tool, Its such an amazing source. I expect something likely for WildStar to make life easier.
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Well I know that in some interviews the team at WildStar have been talking about working with Curse because of their fully modable UI... perhaps this will also include a web-based Galactic Archives.

I do wonder how exactly important Scientist paths are going to become the first month, since only that path will have access to the full and COMPLETE lore. I mean, I sure as heck don't mind sharing... and I'm sure many won't, but I find it super interesting for information sites that only one set of players out of 4 will know everything. ^^
  13. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

With the open-ness of WildStar with the API and deep add-on support, you can virtually be guaranteed that there will be sites to serve every purpose that Wowhead does... and beyond.
  14. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

Actually that isn't the reason, and although I'm ware of the actual reason, I can't say! But, suffice it to say WildStar is important to many ZAMmers and things may (hopefully) improve on that front! ;)
  15. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I'm with you. So I will have to see how the in game database will play out. Hopefully it will be there if I want to use and not have alerts or "paths" to guide me. Or, at the very least, be able to disable the feature if desired.