1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Zone Challenges- Problem?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ImmortalExile, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Myrddin

Myrddin Cupcake

I saw another footage from antoehr starting zone, was puzzled, since I thought the "sotry" was that we crashed onto nexus and have to build a basecamp from there :D It was mentioned that it is planned that you can choose your starting zone, so you can play with friends, which is kind o fnice.
  2. .selebu

.selebu Cupcake

The story is not that your crashed on Nexus in general. (It was for the demo)
    There are multiple reasons for the different races.
    IIRC the Dominion took over the home planet of the Aurin, so they are searching for a new home (or maybe it was the humans??)
    I think the humans just go there because of curiosity, to explore the new world.
    Etc.
  3. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

This conversation brings another point to mind, something that I *DON'T* want to see, is (as in some games), where you out-level a zone, and then find the quests/events are inaccessible to you because your level is "too high".

So, for instance, if I somehow missed the challenge to kill 10 Yeti's, that I can still come back at a later time and :clean up my to-do list.
    Brotoi likes this.
  4. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Well, as much as I hate to bring it up- but World of Warcraft had a system in place to locate quests that were lower level than you, so that way you could accomplish all content regardless of level.
    Anyways, if a system is in place like this, I'd be all for it.
    Autumnal likes this.
  5. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

No need to be sorry, it's a perfectly valid reference, and "Thank You", it's a perfect example of what I wuold like to see.
    ImmortalExile likes this.
  6. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

You're welcome. =D
    You know, I keep going back to the interviews and I keep hearing that they want to reward players for "paying attention", and "taking time to notice"... so why not give incentive to attempt all the quests? Maybe set up a system where your XP in a specific zone increases depending on the amount of quests completed in that zone? It wouldn't be anything to super level your character, of course, but it would be neat, I thinks.

As a completist (Dangerous for an MMO, I know) I generally go find everything I can. If I'm questing, I will make it a point to gather all my quests I can, complete them all, then turn them in all in the same time, then gather up the next set.
    I got a bit sidetracked, there...