1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will i be able to see the top instances?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yamikun, Jul 25, 2013.

1. zarine

zarine New Cupcake

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but if you're saying you're not interested in fights or loot, maybe join a hardcore guild capable of weekly clears, then ask for a tour of the empty raid on their lockout? There's always someone friendly willing to group up so you can run in there and do your thing. Big raid guilds like keeping a casual roster for flavor and doing things outside of raiding. This is a good way to guarantee having a guild group for dungeons and pvp, and these players are the ones they grab when they start trying to fill out their alt raids.

Alternately, there are always big guilds who like to make some repair coin selling spots to raid to people outside their guild once they're sure they can kill a boss with a couple people down, (Or who are capable of pulling their own weight. You mentioned being a decent player) so you may want to farm up some gold during your available play time and approach the officers of the best guild on your server and see if they have an open spot. You may even get in for free with that approach since things come up and people sign out, and get yourself a bench spot for nights you're available. Even big guilds have a few high turnover spots that require keeping a full bench ready, if you don't mind not having a regular spot every raid night.

Don't let the hardcore label of the game and the attitudes of the people staunchly defending it scare you off. The devs are aiming this game right at that demographic, and some of the things you're saying sound close to what drove them out of other games, and its a little scary to see that kind of talk coming before this game has even launched. BUT, if you're saying what I think you're saying, and you like the look of the game and are interested in everything else, give it a shot. If you're a solid player who just happens to have casual playing times, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to see the inside of the raid at some point.

Signed,
    The recruitment officer of a progression guild.
    Bnol and Livnthedream like this.
  2. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

There's always pugging that what I've always done from vanilla wow ---> wrath of the lich king. Pugs are great and mostly not the horror stories people portray, sure it takes longer to clear and there will be wipes but id argue they tend to feel more heroic as they actually feel like a real fight to the bitter end and not just an organised loot farm.

There are always pugs forming in general and most are normally together within the hour long as you have right gear from dungeons you'll be able to see the content. Infact if anything Wildstar is perfect for pugs as all the info people need is on the ground as most don't use any programs like teamspeak to co-ordinate.

Other than that you will have to use YouTube as there is normally a few instance play though's without rubbish music played loudly over the top available.
  3. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

How about spectator mode? You could be able to spectate the game of everyone on your friendlist, this way you just need to add a hardcore raider and spectate him.
  4. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

As long as 2 hours a day is a ball park average, then I see no reason why not.
    Lots of guilds focus on weekends when most people have free time.
    However, regardless of what days you have off, assuming you get one, then you can find a guild that raids those nights.

If you don't get any days off for whatever reason, and you can't get an extended play session a 2-3 nights a week, then it will be hard to find any raiding guild that only wants to raid 2 hours a night.
    2 hours is a very brief session considering the effort needed to organize 40 people.

I highly suspect that previous tier content will be nerfed to allow more guilds to progress over time.
    Devs have even hinted at this in the past. I would post a link, but I am unsure which video it was, and there are way too many to skim through. :(

Anyway, my point is if you can be available ~4 hours a night for 2-3 nights, then there is no reason you can't progress through the raid content. It might be at a slower pace, but who cares.
  5. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

If exploring inside an instance is what you're striving for then point B is the solution for you. What's more, you get to see its inhabitants.
  6. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds good, or the same in group dungeons. A great idea. Good way to get screenshots of combat without having to worry about being 1-shotted by the mob behind you when you're paying attention to something else.
    Sort of like a non-combatant photographer in a war zone (but with true invulnerability).
    You shouldn't be able to talk to anyone actually participating in the raid/dungeon though, otherwise they'd use you to scout ahead. Likewise spectators should be severely limited, or invisible to raiders so that they don't get in the way - no actions at all other than moving and taking screen shots.
    Zyd likes this.
  7. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

It's actually something that i wondered since the WoW days, there's a lot of people following progress and it should enable other Hardcore guilds to create more content and focus more in the instance since someone else from the outside can do the recordings and streaming.

But i also know that this is something extremely hard to pull off, at least i want to spectator mode in PvP.
  8. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

Id say not even moving, space to change character centered over, and mouse to move camera
  9. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

I kind of like the idea of a solo quest that has you enter the map for a raid instance. Obviously lacking the raid content.

Story wise it might be after a group has cleared it, to find some hidden wizbang, or clear out some last small thing that has taken refuge there. Alternately you could be on a scouting mission, theoretically to bring back information so that a group could move in and take down the hard stuff.

That would allow players to take a look around, have a bit of fun, but not have to actually raid.
  10. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

That sounds like a horrible idea.
    First off, you could find tons of videos of the raids on youtube, so it serves no real purpose.
    Second, the raids won't have much of the story.
    Third, waste of development money based on the #1 & #2.
  11. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

If the PvP of this game is successful it will have an spectator mode, eventually, so why not add it to raids instead of doing all the search on your own when you have access to that material from the game itself?
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  12. CaRaDaGaiTa

He just wants to see inside the raid man, and as said 10012481023948209 times before, Wildstar will not tell the lore through raids.

And the spectating can serve other purposes too (PVP or just to kill time, watching what a friend is doing)
  13. Aldamar

Aldamar New Cupcake

20 is a good size for riding and for a guild of 30 members.
    40 means:
    1- a huge guild where ppl don't know each other and just raid in a silent TS (can't think of my head with 40 ppl talking). To get 40 raiding ppl you need @least 60 ppl attending the raids geared on the same level. Very few groups can do this.
    2- 2 raiding guilds together geared thru 20 ppl content. Second way is ofc what Carabine thinks.

Do you think the majority will be the first kind or the second?
  14. CaRaDaGaiTa

One of the few good things GW2 had was the spectating in Spvp. So why not spectate what someone on your friendlist is doing, watching him from his point of view?
  15. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I'm seeing an awful lot of talk about what Raids are and aren't going to be like - how hard they are going to be, how geared or not geared you'll need to be to get into them etc. - which seems odd considering the amount (or lack thereof) of information released regarding raiding.

As far as I can tell the only thing that's really been stated is that raids "will be hard" and "will be 40 mans" - I guess also that there won't be a "LFR" tool specifically. That's really not much to go on considering the amount of opinions being presented as facts here.
    Baeldan and Livnthedream like this.
  16. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Spectator mode may be added to W* at some point. They have mentioned it I believe.
    Edit: Sorry it was mentioned in previous posts.

If you make same raids to have easy and hard modes this game will be like Diablo games. In MMO you should work hard to for some content. Also the easy mode would be not much different than spectator/youtube mode as you are not actually experiencing the content, which can be only felt through its tough difficulty.
  17. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

There's something unique about seeing it in the ingame graphics you're already used to, and being able to chat with friends while you're watching them. It has a 'live' experience to it that youtube can't quite match.
  18. Rafe

Rafe Cupcake

I like Yamikun's idea of a questline that gets you to scout the raid area before doing it, with something like a probe or drone. I think it's a great idea to get some players interested in raid content and also to present that content for ppl in general. I hate when there's a raid there but there are no quests that tell you about it, so it feels disconnected from the rest of the content. I don't think raids should be the end storytelling content, but at least it should be mentioned somehow. And those scout quests really sound great.
  19. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I agree, but as soon you go easy mode that experience will be lost.

I like this idea as well. But it will show you less than a spectator mode. I would use those quests to pinpoint and solo fight some specific bosses after extensions are released. Unless scouting cuts you from engaging the bosses cause some invisible barriers.
  20. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

Raiding doesn't have to equal playing 40 hours a week. Find yourself a mature guild that wants to raid and progress. My last raiding guild was 1st on the server and most of our members played about 10 -15 hours a week.