1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will i be able to see the top instances?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yamikun, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Except you don't get the shaft, you just do not like the content you are given.

"And not just daily quest grinding! sooooo boring"

For example. Rift actually gave solid gear that was similar to raid gear through dailies, not to mention the crafted stuff that in many cases was better itemized, yet that did not stop the very complaint you are lodging now. Even the legendary weapon quests from Eq have went away because the vast majority (the very group you are attempting to claim to represent) did not like them.
  2. RazorHed

RazorHed Cupcake

Did Rift do that? good for them:) even if it was boring dailies.
    I must have missed it because I could only stomach RIFT for about 2 weeks because it was horribly boring from the start and also waaay to similar to WoW. I wanted to like it though because of the similarity in the classes to DaoC but it wasnt enough :(

So thats one MMO out od 1000 that at least tries. My point is still valid concerning most tier geared end game advancemt type MMOs.

And also, you don't see it as the shaft because you think I want then to take your hardcore raiding away from you , or dumb it down for me. I do not want that at all.
  3. Livnthedream

That was one example. WoW and Swtor both had badge gear that you could get that was similar/raid gear that you did not have to raid for, not to mention the rep and crafted stuff. Neverwinter allowed you to get it all essentially, Gw2 there is no real difference between gear for a casual and hardcore player. I can go on. That does not change my point that you have access to the gear, you just do not like that acquisition.

Based on what? at best you can make the argument that I do not want to be forced to do your content in the off time to use it to progress. I pointed at Rift specifically for that because they actually made it not worth the raiders time to go out of their way to get that gear. I would hope something similar is achieved here. I already have to use housing, I do not want to have to solo too.
  4. RazorHed

RazorHed Cupcake

Swotor was also mega boring , and sure in WoW you could get junk badge gear by running horrible dungeons over, and over , and over ,and over or doing dailies over, and over, and over ,and over . that doesn't change the problem that , that IS NOT fun, and that does not equate to having anything else to do with that junk gear. Throw in some epic quests for casuals that take months to complete each that reward an awesome mount, a nice piece of gear, a cosmetic change , or even just some silly doodad that we can show off and say i put in the blood,sweat, tears,time, money, and my left arm to get this! Im proud of it! whats the harm to raiding with THAT?

Gw2 is pretty much only casual , but there is still nothing to do for anyone at endgame that means anything.
    I hear they might be getting raids though. I don't follow that game as much anymore

I tried Neverwinter for about two hours. so I can't say if it was boring or not . but it obviously wasn't enough to get me hooked. And I kinda wanted to like it.

Rift obviously went about it incorrectly . Not everyone can think outside the box. But in RIFT , are the raiders only after gear ? or do they want an uber challenge? why do they have to be one and the same. That makes it sound like a lot of raiders dont even care about the content as much as the gear , when most casuals actually WANT to see all the content.. its so befuzzling
  5. Livnthedream

So junk gear is anything that is slightly less, or differently itemized from what raiders get? And also, thanks for agreeing that you have content, just not content that you want to do! :)

There is not any harm to raiding, nor have I claimed there to be. You really need to get it through your head that I am against casuals getting stuff because it hurts raiding. Please though, set out a months long epic quest that is only supposed to keep a single player entertained throughout that does not rely on infinite farming (you know, that boring thing you have been complaining about this entire time) that also will not be quickly mapped out and stuck on the internet so those who come after will actually get it done in a week and be "bored" because "there is nothing to do!". As soon as you solve that problem you may just be qualified to whine about it! :p

I hinted at it before, but really, you do not speak for all casuals. Many, many people have vastly different reasons why they do content. Some do it just for gear, some do it for comraderie, some for challenge, some because they want to see the content, some for competition, some for vanity, etc etc etc. You sound like you just want stuff made for you and screw everyone else, and honestly that not how it works. There is no money in that. Will you get content aimed at your demographic? We have been told we will. Will it match exactly what you want it to? With the expectations you have set, pretty much not ever. You are effectively expecting them to put an entire srpg inside this mmo and expect it to work. You are foolish to believe this.
  6. RazorHed

RazorHed Cupcake

Yes junk gear is the booby prize that some people have to accept as the best they can get , but others have all the content to go through with a chance of getting way better. We don't have content. We have two same options you do to get junk gear. Dailies, and dungeoens repeat ad nauseam . We dont have content beyond that . Yet Raiders Always get new raids , new challenges , new bosses, new gear, etc... etc... etc... casual get tada!!! nothing . It isn't all about the gear. And Im hoping Wildstar breaks the mold :) I really am!

"You really need to get it through your head that I am against casuals getting stuff because it hurts raiding."
    Uhh yes, that's my point. What IS the Harm in us getting better gear , since that seems to be the only way to improve at endgame for most games, IF there are also methods of obtaining such gear that are NOT easy, NOT quick, often quite costly? You obviously never played EverQuest to see how the epic quests were. Some of the worst parts of them werent even the raid drops. It was the camping at a spot for weeks at a time waiting, hoping the rare mob would spawn and then IF it did and IF you killed it befre one of the other hundred people also doing the quest didnt kill it first that maybe,,, just maybe it would hopefully drop the item you needed . That doesnt equate to infinite farming.

I don't claim to speak for all casuals. I am the type though that will fight injustice when others won't. I want stuff for all those other people too. How am I foolish to believe this nifty epic quest system could work in a game ,when it ALREADY has worked in a game ! EverQuest did it! It worked fine, it would work here too , it would just need improved and expanded upon. Like I said Im all for WildStar and hope they want to make the casual endgame experience as fun as raiding . But getting booby prize gear is not that.
  7. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

Anyone who wants to "see the content" without working for it, need to go watch this video: