1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will I be able to visit my neighbors?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by zypherman, Jun 21, 2013.

1. zypherman

zypherman New Cupcake

I know that housing will be instanced, and that you will be able to open it up for certain people, or everyone to visit, but have the dev's mentioned grouping houses together into a kind of neighborhood where I will get to socialize with those who live near me?
  2. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

if they allow you to via friends list or other unconfirmed tagging, then yes.

((it is confirmed you will be able to but I believe it is still unconfirmed exactly how the system works))
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just go check 1 of those other 8 housing thread that have exactly the same question, about housing/neighbourhoods etc. etc.

I guess the answer must be somewhere :p

Although you can also just listen to Azmundai
    Zwipe likes this.
  4. zypherman

zypherman New Cupcake

I have been checking around for what the devs have actually confirmed. Speculation is fun, but it doesn't exactly get me the answers I was searching for. Thank you for the info though.
  5. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think the thing you're talking about Zypher, where houses are organized into a small community, is something that JGaff mentioned in passing. From what I remember of the interview it didn't sound like he was keen on it due to his past experience implementing something like that for a previous game he worked on. He essentially pointed out that the socializing you'd get from making gated communities (seewhatididthere?) would be minimal. You have 30 people in a given community, some toons aren't played often, others start toons and leave the game, etc. so there ends up being a pretty good chance that there would be communities with 0 active toons more often that those with a even a handful of active people.

EDIT: Here's the Video of the interview. Start at around 30:00 and you'll hear them transition to talk about housing.

6. zypherman

zypherman New Cupcake

Ah well, thank you for the info!
  7. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

From what little knowledge I know from Dev Speak videos, and the housing trailer, you will be able to open your house to all players, allow only friends and neighbors, or close it off completely.