1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will i HAVE to craft?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ReapRHTB, May 28, 2013.

1. Crovax32

Crovax32 New Cupcake

There's that elitist attitude again. I checked the application forms (The one that did mention professions did so in their guild website not the forums).

I'll wait for your list and see what your results bring. We'll go from there.
  2. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> I'd say end this line of discussion as it is becoming increasingly hostile and veering off-topic quickly. </Mod Monocle>
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

<Mod Shades> Warnings are being issued. Please keep our forum rules in mind and remember to be respectful and civil with each other. "Language or images used for the purpose of attacking, insulting, harassing, slandering, or otherwise griefing other users is prohibited." </Mod Shades>
  4. Pang

Pang New Cupcake

Yeah this.

Raided in WoW from vanilla to beginning of Panda Land and never needed or was forced to craft to be good. Always maintained steady progression and saw all content. If you're in a hardcore bleeding edge progression guild then sure you want to squeeze every advantage, but for the average raider no crafting is not mandatory.
  5. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Time for third mod post in a row! Come on, guys. You seriously know better. Be on topic, don't be bickering between each other, and try to have a calm, constructive discussion. I seriously hope I don't have to come in here and clean your rooms again, or no TV! </Mod Monocle>
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  6. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

Same, only I didn't wait for Mists of Pandaria. The only crafting that I ever saw capable of benefiting raiding were from consumables... and I would always forget to use them anyways so... crafting never was a necessity for me either.
  7. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

crafting may not be mandatory for elder game, however, you can't say that you won't have to do *any* crafting. because everyone will be doing CBC to optimize their gear the way they want to.

yes every stat can be useful for every roll, but there will be some need to socket your gear properly for whatever build you're going for.

however it doesn't seem like CBC is "real" crafting. any more than socketing your gear in WoW is "crafting".

but the second C does stand for "Crafting" so there is that.
  8. MMOPapa

It has already been announced that the only ties that 'crafting' will have to the modification process of the Circuit Board Crafting system is strictly monetary and convenience. You do not have to do any crafting, but if you do it... there are benefits.
  9. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

well, yeah. but i was meaning the actual act of modifying the circuit boards as a form of "crafting" but much like socketing your gear in WoW, it isn't really crafting. its basically just making sure you get the stats you need, other than what drops.
  10. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

if you want to be the very best at what you are then yes you will most likely have to craft.

otherwise you wont need to bother with it.

if crafting has no benefits at all no one would bother with it.
  11. MMOPapa

From the material that I have read, yes; I have come to the assumption that there will be two forms of consumable type crafting... a cooking type and another. So those would boost your 'very best'.
  12. CRB_Gortok

CRB_Gortok Carbine Econ Designer

The Circuit Board Crafting (CBC) system was originally created for the interface for crafting. We decided to allow everyone to mod their items with this system, which I believe weakened crafting a bit but greatly benefited the game as a whole.

As it presently stands, you will absolutely have to mod your items to be competitive at pretty much anything Elder Game. You can get away with not doing it early game, but it becomes expected by the time you reach level 30 or so. For those who aren't that interested, a simple stat prioritization will be enough (I want Moxie then Finesse then Crit then Crit Severity).
    Arawulf, Yakzan, Sonntam and 4 others like this.
  13. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

JC - Access to special JC only stats with better gems
    BS - Extra sockets for gems
    Tail - Special enchants for cloak
    Ench - Ring enchants
    Eng - Special 'gadgets'
    Inscrip - Special shoulder enchants
    LW - Special bracer enchants
    Alch - More stats from flasks/pots/elixers
    Mining - Stamina
    Herbing - Haste
    Skinning - Crit

I know my latest guild required you to have appropriate profs for your class and role. Hopefully Wildstar doesn't have these kinds of buffs for profs but the argument that profs aren't important for raiding in WoW is deluded at best and trolling at worst.

As for profs in wildstar Im not sure why you wouldn't want them i mean even if you hate crafting you can take two gethering ones and make sme gold atleast.
    Besides all you're doing is cutting yourself out of content otherwise (I like to have access to every prof through my alts personally).
    BonusStage likes this.
  14. BonusStage

Is there a progression system within CBC? you have to use it an gain experience somehow? or you just need items.
  15. CRB_Gortok

CBC as used by the general populace is simply a means to customize your item's stats and specials. Several of the crafting professions use CBC in the initial creation of the item. The crafting professions have lots of interesting progression. I think its interesting, anyway, but I like to craft (don't confuse this with "I feel obligated to craft because it is the only way to get X")
    Yakzan, Sonntam and Zeebo like this.
  16. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

my big question on this is, how many milestones will you be able to get by elder game? like, all of your primary stat (the one that is associated with your role that has 5 milestones) is to be pretty much expected imo, but how many others could you reach, estimated?
  17. BonusStage

I like crafting aswell, especially loved engineering on WoW.

That's why i asked about progression on CBC, it sounds like an interesting system.

hope you have lots of cool stuff for us in the professions.

thanks for taking your time to come to these forums btw, love how you guys are active and transparent(as transparent as you can be =p) with the comunity
    CRB_Gortok likes this.
  18. Crovax32

Crovax32 New Cupcake

No one said crafting is not important in WoW. I did make the claim that requiring people to be maxed level in professions before they can join a guild is elitist.

I should add that I don't see anything wrong with Guilds that require people to be maxed level, have maxed professions, have the best UI layouts, and the best dps logs, etc.

People who want to be the very best should be allowed to follow that path.

Though to me the extra bonuses they attached to crafting ruined the fun of crafting for me in World of Warcraft. I felt like my main characters had to have a certain two professions maxed or they would be under performing.
  19. CRB_Gortok

I am hesitant to discuss anything outside of the Econ realm in much detail. I know that we still aren't 100% satisfied with this system and it is being iterated on. Under the current system I think we expect your highest stat to be around 1000 and your 2nd highest to be maybe about 600 (this is a really rough guess). So use that as a guideline.
  20. BonusStage

Can you talk about if professions will be profitble?

This imho is the biggest issues on most MMO's that have the gathered materials be more valuable than the final product.
    Is that even something that it can be fixed without every profession having consumables?

if not, is every profession going to have ''flavor'' so that even if it's not profitble we have something to show off for it?