1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will i HAVE to craft?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ReapRHTB, May 28, 2013.

1. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

When you use the term specialization, it makes me think of one of the concerns from my post involving the in-game economy and crafting aspects of WildStar...
    Is that, by chance, the type of specialization you were referring to? If not, could you elaborate a little on the type of specialization you meant?

Can you elaborate a little further into how exactly? The possibilities are endless, none of them bad, but I wouldn't want to come to an incorrect assumption... you can use the Weaponsmith as an example since their existence was already confirmed in the M31/CBT2 notes on WildStar Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
    Rylia likes this.
  2. CRB_Gortok

CRB_Gortok Carbine Econ Designer

Crafting reveals are on the Community schedule. I don't want to get into premature details. Generally when I give details its about things that are more completely worked out, and this is something we are still in the approval process for. Good news is, we don't require any new tech to do the implementation we are talking about. So all we are talking about is how much time does PChan have left on his schedule to get this all done :)
    Azhdaha, Isgu, Yakzan and 2 others like this.
  3. MMOPapa

PChan? The one in Chat talking about unicorns?! @_@
  4. Xo1o

Xo1o Cupcake

I've witnessed a lot of different crafting systems in MMOs and IMO there is nothing worse than making stuff that's useless just to be able to (at some distant point in the future) make one or two good items, which will then be out of date come the next raid tier. In WoW crafting was somewhat fun, but mostly boring, in GW2 crafting is a joke. The game/s I enjoyed crafting the most are the two Final Fantasy MMOs, because there crafted stuff is relevant and high level crafters are equal to high level raiders concerning dedication and reputation.

Crafting should be hard and fun (minigames, discovery, personalized experience) and not for everyone, just like raiding should be hard and not for everyone. The more you make it for everyone, the more you need to dumb it down, like GW2 did. Also, crafting is one aspect of an MMO where I don't mind grinding as much, as long as the grind can be remotely profitable.
    Psistorm and Isa like this.
  5. CRB_PChan

CRB_PChan Carbine Studios

Bro, you're stressin' me out.
    Azhdaha, Androssi, Arawulf and 8 others like this.
  6. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

Faster, Code Monkey!
    F8L Fool likes this.
  7. MMOPapa

8. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Words of wisdom anyone? :p
  9. Treylor

Treylor New Cupcake

yodakeepcalm.jpg
  10. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

This is good feedback thank you everyone. I figured I would only get like one response but from what it sounds like I will NOT have to craft which is great.
  11. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I would like to be able to craft epic pocket dungeons ;)
    On more serious note. Low level crafted items should be more about utility (think engineers rocket boots in WoW) while high level items could be about best in slot. It would be a nice way for low lever crafter to earn some nice money and make the craft leveling less pointless before reaching the max lvl.
    Also looking at craft level spread from 600 to 1000, I deduct that crafting may be somewhat like raiding and only 1% will get to lvl 1000 in their niche professions, while most may stop after reaching 600. Or maybe you will just get to 1000 not by leveling per se, but simply by sticking to your chosen profession for a long time.