1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Multiboxing be allowed in WildStar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Prepared, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Prepared

Prepared New Cupcake

This is a question which has yet to see an official answer from the publisher or developer of WildStar.
    Will players be allowed to play more than one account at the same time while allowing one key press to go to all of the accounts at the same time?
    All of the currently available MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) today with the exception of one minor one, allow key presses to go to more than one account at the same time. Every MMORPG's End User License Agreement, User Agreement, Terms of Service allow playing more than one account at the same time and allow key presses to go to all of the accounts at the same time. There is no MMORPG today that has an EULA, TOS or otherwise User Agreement which restricts the player from playing more than one account at the same time and using a key press to go to more than one account. As mentioned, there is one minor MMORPG which although their User Agreement allows a single key press to go to more than one account, the maker of that game will ban players if they do it.
    So what is the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar in this regard? Are players allowed to play more than one account at the same time while using key presses and mouse clicks to go to all accounts at the same time?
    Please do not respond here with your opinion on whether it should be allowed or not, that's not the question. Everyone has an opinion on it, but this message thread is not about asking for an opinion on the use of multiboxing in MMORPGs. This thread is specifically asking for the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar as it relates to playing more than one account at the same time.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Seeing as this isn't an Official Forums you're not guaranteed to get a response - you'd be better off tweeting @Team_Wildstar or asking on their Facebook page instead of here.
    Ianpact, Bifurcation and Fishsticks like this.
  3. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I believe you've answered your own question. There isn't an official comment yet.

If you're attempting to use this forum as a method for addressing the Devs with a direct question - I would suggest alternative routes of communication. As posted above, twitter or facebook might be a better option, or even a PM via the forums as a shot in the dark.
    Ianpact likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I personally wouldn't mind (if it brings cash to Carbine).

I always took joy and honor in killing Multi-boxer, and then just kept on corpse-camping with a couple of mates :D

But I rather wish to see some sort of bonus: ''You just killed 5 being controlled by 1 person, here you go please have 10% of each of his characters gold!''.......oh the dreams......:sleep:
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

I think it probably will be but I doubt it will be anywhere as effective as it was in WoW. Wildstar seems to be a much more active game where you can't macro and script everything.

I'm sure some people will still do it though.