1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will my pc run Wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Vinny, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

Forgive me in advance, for I did not know which forum section to post this in. Below are my PC Specs and I was wondering if I will be able to play the game on the rig that I currently have? I am concerned about my graphics chip... Any feed back regarding me being able to play the game would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M @2.50GHZ (4 CPUs)
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, 1696MB Total Memory
    Operating System: Windows 7 professional 64-bit

Thank you.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Seeing that, I say: yes it does :D
    The actual game may even require less then the above mentioned :up:
  3. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

Is it a laptop? It will run it no doubt, check the beta reqs. You meet them. It's generally advised to have a dedicated gfx card for most gaming, but that's going to be tough if it's a laptop! Regardless, I wouldn't worry. You'll be fine. Most modern games are optimized well on release. WoW is just bull<REDACTED>.
  4. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

It will, just not particularly well.
  5. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

DOH! I didn't see that.. thank you!

yes it is a laptop. thank you for your reply!

it wont run it well? According to Extatica the required card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, ATI Radeon HD 3850, or better, isn't my chip on par with the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT? all feedback is appreciated, I am a noob when it comes to these things...
  6. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

One thing you can check is to visit: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

They have the Wildstar beta listed, and it will test your computer based off the beta requirements and provide you with a report on what you may or may not need.

It's not an ultimate test, but at least it will compare your system against that needed for the beta.
  7. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

It's an Ivybridge on-board so it's the previous Intel processor model (recent one is super recent like 6 weeks old recent) so that's why I wouldn't be worried. I've seen worse on boards run games like WoW which has bull<REDACTED> optimization, just fine. That said, that's all PC's and not laptops. But at first glance, it seems ok.
  8. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

thanks a lot! yeah I am just a worry wart and I just bought this laptop and shortly after found this game interesting and was hoping that it would run Wildstar... I was just confused about my graphics chip.
  9. Livnthedream

Integrated cards do things like share ram instead of having its own, and often do not have the same sorts of power for shaders and the like thanks to drivers. Also, those are likely the minimum specs, meaning the lowest specs you need to run the game stable. Things like acceptable fps in what situations and what resolution are loosely defined. A lot of it really depends on just what you are doing and what you decide is acceptable for that activity. Generally, pvping at 10fps for example is perfectly acceptable by minimum specs, but many many gamers do not agree.
  10. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

oh ok... what if I set the graphic settings down lower than normal? I just want to make sure its playable before I get to caught up in the "hoopla" of this game, ya know?
  11. Livnthedream

We know the game is native 64 bit, but we do not know how well it will use additional cpu threads and the like. So especially with an integrated video card you may be fine with just dropping the resolution a little, or turning down things like draw distance. Generally though you should be ok for solo questing without too much trouble. its things like going into major cities, raids, battlegrounds, possibly even dungeons may turn the game into a slideshow. While you do meet the requirements, we really need to see how well optimized, and just how punishing the game is before we can guage any real trouble shooting.
  12. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

thanks a lot of the feedback. I just hope the game isn't too "punishing" so that I can play all aspects of the game smoothly, because if I do get this game I will do all of them. I would assume that I am fine, but we all know what happens when you assume... lol thanks again!
  13. Livnthedream

Your computer is not designed for gaming. You are essentially trying to tow a U-haul trailer with a Geo. Sure you can do it, but you really shouldn't.