1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will the action bars be like Neverwinter?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Shadowed, May 14, 2013.

1. Shadowed

Shadowed New Cupcake

I was wondering if the action bars on this game was going to be like Neverwinters. I mean that by, on Neverwinter, you can only have eight abilities at a time that you can use, unlike WoW, where you can have all your abilities on action bars. I really hope it's however many abilities you want, because I think Neverwinter pulls off the limited abilities well, but I think on this game it'd be a bit more annoying.
  2. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

I'll keep the answer short because the information is already out there if you care to look for it:

Yes, kinda.
  3. Shadowed

Shadowed New Cupcake

Could you give me a link?
  4. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

there will be a LAS (limited action set) there's lots of threads that have info on it. you get (currently in beta) 7 class abilities, 2-3 path abilities, and one innate class ability (think stealth for stalker). so that's like 10-11 abilities. plus you have dodges and double jumps, etc.
  6. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

Me from another thread:
    The problem with Neverwinter abilities is there is only 4 you're able to reliably use. 2 of them are dailies. I agree that in that game it's totally limiting. Following from Vyver's point, I hope the game is the way he claimed it to be. It means we have a core base of abilities and the side ones (stealth, paths and potentially racials) are entirely different. I think this would provide plenty of option. Although overall I am optimistically cautious about the LAS system

References
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...0-patch-notes-released.2462/page-3#post-48574
  7. Chad Bailey

Chad Bailey New Cupcake

8. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I am really impressed that even from the very first day of beta people started to create addons!
    Tho i really like to use addons i find Wildstar's action bars pretty beautiful.
    They are pretty simple and provide all information needed.
    The only think so far i don't like about the UI is that there are no 3D models in the portraits.
    Always loved Shadowed Unitframes in World of Warcraft.

Thank you for the link!
    This is really intresting. I look forward to see what addons are created so far in game.
    And of what type.
    F.E addons about UI or maybe an addon like gatherer,auctioneer.