1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will the Devs have a bias towards a certain faction?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Shahdee, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Shahdee

Shahdee New Cupcake

In WoW you hear it all the time, Blizzard is biased towards the Horde. I wonder if Carbine will favour the underdogs (Exile/Horde) over the Dominion.
  2. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

It seems unlikely. In the games where I've perceived one side being treated preferentially (and I'd say SWTOR was worse than WoW in this respect), a great deal of the problem has been due to already-existing IP that made one side cooler or sexier or more sympathetic than the other. WildStar is using new IP, so it should be easy enough to develop it in ways that are fairly balanced.
    ╬▒Romeo, Gomer and puckjepuck like this.
  3. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

Doubt it, but it's still too early to tell. I have faith in the testers that they'll play both sides and say which one felt better, allowing for some change. Endgame story should also be interesting but agree with above - brand new IP allowing for them to try to have their own stories for each side.
  4. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

You might hear that on the Alliance.
    If you join the horde, then you hear the exact opposite though.

Thus there is only one logical conclusion.
    The devs are not biased to any one faction.
    bunglerm00se and Kataryna like this.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Hooray, the 2nd thread in as many days! If only people knew how to use that nifty box at the top of the page that says search...