1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will the game have server firsts?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Rock, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

What I mean is will the game do like ummm Rift where you find some unique item and it's announced to the server or even the first to craft something be announced to the server? I actually liked that feature. When you were the one finding that first item it made you feel special. Of course my wife says I'm special. I'm never sure if she means it in a good way or bad <grin>
  2. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty sure it will. If they will be rewarded like in Rift and announced everywhere, I have no idea...
  3. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

It is imho part of what makes launch fun, because there is so many announcements of people making this, looting that and killing this epic lvl 7 thingie.

EQ2 still make a realm announcement, when someone loots a mythical (epic class weapon) and when a guild turns a round corner on their levelling, so the community can congratulate.
  4. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I agree they do make launch fun.

Achievements and Server firsts are pretty much standard fare now. I hope that Wildstar will follow suit.
  5. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

I hope they will too although not all MMO's do this.
  6. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Don't worry achievements are in. Oddly enough this was revealed in this Wildstars Wednesday reveal on the economy.

Server firsts however have not been announced.
  7. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Ugh, I absolutely couldn't stand the spamminess that came from Rift's announcement system. Oh hey, you looted the first ever (insert vendor junk item here)! Congratulations! Great achievement!

EQ2s system I don't mind at all, those are actual milestones. Announcing to the entire server that you just found some random trash item that'll be vendored in five minutes? Completely and utterly uninteresting to pretty much everyone.
  8. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I would have to agree. Announcements should be meaningful, not spammy
  9. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I was actually part of several realm first kills in Rift and it was always my name that popped when we beat the boss. I would get a flood of congratulatory tells and my friends would wallow in mediocrity and anonymity >: D
  10. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I second that sentiment.

I just hope achievements have an actual point in Wildstar. I never could get behind an achievement that said "oh hey you got this, here are some random points that don't mean squat". If the system serves a point then hey, I am all for it.
  11. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

"Kill 10000 critters." > Meh.
    "Kill Big Tooth without getting hit!" > Yay!
    Tiktak likes this.