1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be area channels?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Backpedaling, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Backpedaling

Backpedaling New Cupcake

as in 1,2,3,4,5 times you have the for example "barrens" area and if one channel is full you can just switch to another one.
    I hope not because it always bother me in other mmo but i m just wondering, couldnt find it here so if anyone knows tell me plox ^^?
  2. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

You mean instances in a zone? I don't think so.
  3. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

Hopefully not :( At least not on a PvP server.
  4. Honour

Honour Cupcake

If you mean overflow instances, probably not, as different areas won't be instanced on the map.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Probably not.
    But don't forget you also have channels for your circles
    Guild channels
    Mayby Warparty channels?

And i do hope they do it as in WoW, cause in WoW you could make a channel at any given time and just invite the people you wished to talk to.
  6. Backpedaling

Backpedaling New Cupcake

i dont mean chat channels i mean zone channels :) as in there ar multiple versions of the same zone on the same server.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I know that's why i said: Probably not (we don't know untill the NDA is off the table)

but i just had to say what other kind of channels we already know of :D So that if other people (who are new) read the thread they learn of that aswell ;)
    Backpedaling likes this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

WoW's chat models are best IMO. Just have one general chat for the zone.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

pretty sure that the only zones that have multiple instances of the same zone are the starting zones levels 1-3 and 3-6 (this has been stated by Carbine i think). so that means "no, there's not 'channels' to the zones (besides the beginning ones)."
    Yakzan likes this.
  10. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

im hoping for a World Alert Channel [For world pvp] and a channel for every zone
  11. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

They'd be crazy not to do this for the starter areas (only) + up the spawn rate based on how many characters are in a zone.
  12. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I don't want to see instanced zones or chat channels ever again (starter zones being an exception if necessary). I absolutely hated that in SWTOR.
  13. Lemming

Lemming Cupcake

I'm betting you'll need them in starter zones, especially during launch hype and whatnot. After a few months (or hopefully more), the need for instanced chat in zones will abate a bit as folks spread out in levels/areas. In other words, while I don't like them, I think it'd work itself out.
  14. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

As I recall, instancing was confirmed for the starter zones to alleviate launch loads, going into no instancing past around level 10.
  15. nednerb

nednerb New Cupcake

levels 1-3 are instanced (channels of 20 players.)
  16. Gir4ffe

Gir4ffe New Cupcake

They're called shards, and I've heard that, no, they don't want to. Other than starter zones of course though.
  17. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

carbine has stated that it will be instanced from 1-3 whether this means solo or very small group idk and that from 3-6 would be instances capped at 50 players then past level six starting at deradune-algoroc respectively there will be no multiple instances but their will be continents so for the most part not only no multiples of the same zone, no multiples of the whole continent. Just 2 or 3 ginormous continents with all of the enemy that you could ever want to have mounted above your fireplace.
  18. Ethos

Ethos New Cupcake

Dear god this so much. It made doing anything with friends or other players in the same zone but different instance so much more tedious and time consuming than it needed to be. Although if they're only doing it for starter zones it shouldnt be too disastrous :cautious:
  19. Cretz

Cretz Cupcake

Having zone channels like in AoC & SWTOR also ruined the feeling of being in one persistant world, because you couldn't run into someone you ran an instance with the other day, or a guildmate, or a trash talker on the forums from the opposing faction as easily. A better sense of community is had when everyone is on the same plane of existance, and I have always considered the server I play on my community.