1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be deleveling in this game?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xecks, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

like you die a bunch and lose a level?
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

No...why would anyone want that?
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

nope.
  4. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i mustve been mistaken . i thought i had read it or heard it in an interview. my bad.
  5. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

You might be thinking of the mentoring program. WildStar has stated that you will be able to drop your level (temporarily) to play with your lower level friends or because you want to go back and re-experience older content.
    CaptainYoul likes this.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you can down-level yourself - it's called Mentoring. You do it when you want to play at the same level as a friend. So say you're level 50 and your friend is level 15. You want to help, but not make it a cake walk so your friend can learn to do their spec. You level yourself down to 15 to help. Then when you're done you go back to level 50.
  7. Rane

Rane Cupcake

With De-Leveling called Jeremy, you can temporarily stepped down your own character.

Why would you want to?
    Let's say you're at max level with full epic raid Equip. Your 4 sisters have recently seen the game and want to enjoy playing together with you, but you're not the type who likes to play alts / twinks.
    Is it now a little later before the first dungeon, you'd have your sisters either let play alone with a random (DO NOT DO IT!) Or drag through the dungeon and thus destroy them the entire game experience, since you all with one hit from the flips flops (we remember the epic raid Equip and your max level).

De-leveling is your friend!
    Not so in Wildstar. You have the choice: Draw your sisters through the dungeon or level your character temporarily to an appropriate character level for this dungeon down. You'll still be above average because of your equipment, but your sisters yet to come, they want to fire one or two shots. Therefore, they too can enjoy the dungeon and have part in the success.
    Another advantage is that the group receives no penalties for loot or experience points, when you have adjusted your level. Even you get normal experience points (at least if you're not max level). Would you pull the group, this was not the case.
    De-leveling is optional. To make dungeons alone or with friends pull is thus still be possible - but we have the choice as a player! Awesome, Carbine!

:) this is what you are looking for.
    Prof. Walrus likes this.
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

cool ty guys . i was mistaken and mustve meant the mentoring program.
  9. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Oh cool, I didn't know it was optional! I hated that part about GW2.. While the idea was good, it gets really annoying at times.

+1 to Carbine (again)
  10. Kallor

Kallor Cupcake

If you are max level you will receive "Elder Gems" instead of XP, which are a type of currency to buy all sorts of cool things.
  11. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Because De-Leveling was so awesome at Lineage 2 that you were dying and you were lossing your precious 0.01% that took you 1 month to take!
  12. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

I believe Knight Online was worse:p People actually kept on the ground in hopes of being revived and not losing their precious xp because it literally took away monthssss of your game.
  13. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Mentoring imo works best when it goes both ways, Like in C.O

Scaling your character so you can do content with your friends is great, if you want to help your lvl 35 friend @ lvl 15 why not? Rewards either scale based on your "real level", or you cant equip items until you reach the required level.
  14. Ashanor

Ashanor New Cupcake

What an archaic and lame system.
  15. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Yes, I believe mentoring is good. But KO didn't have mentoring:p It was just plain punishment for dying XD

Yes, but the game is also old :) I used to play it close to 10 years ago ;)