1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be elder game in the world?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Shaigh, May 1, 2013.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'm confused, I mention that I'd be happy with them if they are the scale of GW2 WvWvW areas which in MMO standards are huge and persistent, just running on a different sub shard much in the same way that WoW deals with it's continent seams.

If Warplots achieve the same or greater, in terms of scale and of course density of things to do then that will give you Open World PvP. If they are purely 40v40 man instances that places two plots facing each other then there will probably be the need for some Open World PvP.
  2. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Ah, they're just 40v40 and 20v20 pvp "arenas" with customizable and destroyable plots of land.
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I believe it's something like this and it's called "adventures", I believe. Someone who has researched this better could answer though.

When did they announce that Warplots have 20 v 20? Last I had read it was only 40 v 40.
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

That's a small shame, I liked GW2's implementation of WvWvW and it's towers/keeps etc (it just wasn't enough on it's own to keep me), but we'll see how this one works, if you get a guild instanced Warplot that you match against an enemies Warplot that could be quite cool. Of course you then have the problem that those crazy memories where you and your group held off 2x, 3x, 4x your number won't occur anymore as you'll be fighting equally organised guilds and won't get the opportunity for those moments.
  5. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I thought I saw somehwhere they were 20-man and 40-man versions, but I could be wrong, they do allude to "raid sizes" a couple times though.

I can't find a specific citation though. So... yeah... either way they'll be limited.
  6. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

So, warplots are (confirmed to be 40v40) zones which you buy, and build. That is your territory, it's built and upkept by your team. The other team has another one of those. They are slammed together and some sort of massacre ensues. I'm not sure what the objectives are, or how points are scored, but I do know that you can take a raid boss and plop it in the middle of your war plot. I also know it was stated somewhere that a raid boss takes up a lot of "points" of some sort, so you can't make the ultimate defense then just put in a raid boss. So, there's still balances in place to limit warplots from being impenetrable.