1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be Mini-games in WildStar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mel, Apr 26, 2013.

?

Are folks interested in Mini-Games?

1. I am a fan of in game Mini-Games

74.1%
  2. Not interested at all

9.3%
  3. Don't care ether way...

17.6%
  1. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I have seen an increase in mini-games being added in MMO's. I for one really enjoy the time sink that mini-games add to games. Just to waste some time in between waiting for groups to form. I did a quick search on the forums but nothing popped up?

List your favorite mini game!

I enjoyed the zombies vs flowers that was added in an other MMO.

Maybe mini game plugs could be added to you housing? That could add to the social aspect of the game to get friends to visit your homestead...
    sidhia likes this.
  2. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

I remember the gems mini game in EQ and it was a must for those long times travelling by boat before the Planes of Power expansion. (Yeah I'm old) Also the two addons I couldn't live without in WoW for a while were Peggle and Bejeweled because of the long waits in raids waiting for people to join and replacing others when they dropped. Anything to distract me and keep me from logging out is a good thing.
  3. Domichi

Domichi New Cupcake

I never made it over to do the zombies vs flowers in WoW, but like Ninereeds there was a time when I was all about the addons for Peggle and Bejeweled. There were even times that I logged into WoW just to play with those addons and not really do anything in game other than chat with guildies.
  4. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Crafting as a mini game /top priority

BATTLE PETS! for collecting vanity pets :-D

Peggle while flying in WoW was a fun addon minigame 2 xpacs ago. With the flightpaths there, there was plenty of chances to practice :p

Hobbies like fishing is a mini game - I hope they are not taking the goblin explosive in the water approach, that would really destroy my favorite type of hobby.

Outside housing plugs, some has mini gaming attached, and I could think of a few that could be fun. Hmm, could use a bowling alley... I think, I want that... or a big board of chess with animated pieces, or two raids being the pieces, why not think big while we are at it ;-)

Collectibles, artifacts or shinies is a minigame to me.

World puzzle games
    Khrusky likes this.
  5. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

I love Legends of Norrath from EQ2 (even if it's game in itself) but collecting busters through EQ2 was somewhat inspiring. And i like diplomacy mini-game from Vanguard even if it somewhat mandatory.
    I love to see games like Arcomage from M&M series in MMO.
  6. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I hope we get lots of mini-games. It's a really good mechanic to implement anyway. The more there is to do in a game, the more you want to be in it. The more you are in it, the more attached you get to it. The more attached you get to it, the more you will invest in it ($, or timewise). It's a good idea.
  7. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not a fan, and stuff like the PvZ in WoW was just too silly and felt really out of place, so hopefully no <REDACTED> like that. But as long as it's 100% optional, who am I to judge.
  8. Gjsk

Gjsk New Cupcake

I'm down for mini-games in Wildstar. It's something fun to do while waiting in a que for a dungeon or arena. Depending on how in depth the mini game is, it can also be a nice break from your main in-game hobby.
    I remember the "World of Warcraft: Peggle Addon". That was actually pretty fun.
  9. Inimicus

Inimicus Cupcake

I voted yes, as long as they are optional and non intrusive. The whole idea of playing something quick and simple while waiting for raid groups etc is a big bonus in my book, hated waiting with nothing to do but stare at a screen and run in circles
  10. ebakrans

ebakrans Cupcake

A bowling alley would be amazing!! Haha how fun would that be if you could actually play against friends who came over to your housing plot . . . or maybe lawn darts!

I think a pet stable could be fun too, turn it into a mini game like the old chocobo breeding in FF VII, maybe you could make rare pets or breed them big enough to use as mounts!
  11. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, there will be mini games. Instanced PvP is a mini game... ugh.
    Vunak likes this.
  12. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

I love mini games. in the old FF series playing TETRA Master was a blast, and would love to see something similar placed in WS. Put in taverns and as a board you can put in your home.

Haha Sevvy. So true.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I love mini-games and would like to see Guide's Orbitactics or something similar one day. :p

[​IMG]
    ruff_ethereal and Extatica like this.
  14. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

I think it was san andreas that had some arcade games that were cool to have on the side. but I suspect vinball, or however it's spelled...might be something really cool like that. they said it was a game you play in housing, and it sounds like foosball so im guessing its gonna be fun
  15. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

Not a fan of any of this aside from an interesting crafting system.

Honestly, once WoW started implementing all that dumb stuff, is when the game became less Blizzard, and more Fisher Price. That and group finder... :eek:

I'd rather the content of the game be good enough to keep us entertained. Adding these sort of mini games is more like a distraction so we forget how boring the game is. And it's all so kiddy. Maybe if I was 8 years old, Plants vs. Zombies and pet battles would be a welcomed feature. But yeah... no.
  16. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

I saw that at least one person in this thread is including Hobbies such as fishing under the category of mini games, so I guess it should be defined in the OP.

If we're talking separate, standalone games like Plants vs Zombies or Bejeweled, then nope, not really interested. Also not interested in platform games in an MMO. I already have enough of those sitting unloved on my hard drive. I'd vote yes if we're including the hobbies though. I like the sound of them.

People do seem to love the jumping puzzles in GW2, but I'm really not looking for that kind of experience in Wildstar tbh.
  17. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

From what I've read, a lot of people are excited about gambling.

The sad part is that Carbine has not referenced gambling outside of Warplots.

I want to be a Human Settler and set up a shady black market gambling hub. How EXILE is that?!?
  18. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Raid Leader- "Alright, let's go"
    Few minutes later...
    Raid Leader- "Diathon, wtf you doing man?"
    Diathon- "Almost beat my Bejeweled high score right as we started. Just a sec."
    "Diathin has been kicked"

Personally, not a fan, but I'm not opposed to you addicts getting your fix.
    Mel likes this.
  19. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Don't recruit raiders, who does not know, when to do what. Simple as that.

Addiction is something intirely different and more serious, just because people enjoy "mini game" elements does not automatically make them bad raiders or addicted to them.
  20. Inimicus

Inimicus Cupcake

We already know there will be similar stuff to GW2 jumping puzzles in WS, think most of it comes from the explorer path but i remember seeing something in a TB video ages ago about a tree he was climbing and fell off.