1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will there be specializations/talent trees for wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by SuperomegaOP, Apr 7, 2013.

1. SuperomegaOP

SuperomegaOP New Cupcake

I assume theres going to be something like that in order to swap between dps and healer/tank roles for each class but has carbine mentioned how they intend to do that?
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

unknown besides the fact that they're having LAS (limited action sets)
  3. Rawhide

Rawhide Cupcake

OMG, please no role swaps ala-Rift. That game failed for more than one reason; lack of defined roles being one of the more apparent.
  4. Agent Drew

Agent Drew Cupcake-About-Town

Yea it sounds like players may eventually gain access to all the potential abilities, and that'll it'll just come down to picking the right ones for the job based off of how many abilities players will be able to use at any given time.
  5. SuperomegaOP

SuperomegaOP New Cupcake

o so i can have like half dps abilitys and half healing abilities on my bar? theres no actual definite role?
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Nope, unfortunately you're wrong with this one :D Well you aint wrong if i misunderstood :p

You get skill points to spend on skills at a skill-machine (don't remember the correct name of that thing).
    Thus you will not be able to buy every single skill (they already stated that in a video aswell).
    Means you must choose wisely which spells/abilities you will use in the future and now and which you don't. So you can buy any skill you want so you have acces to all the potential spells, but you can't buy them all so you don't have active acces to them. Although you can always refund your skill points and get other spells.

For example it can be like this:
    Machine has 40 spells
    You can only buy a total of 25 spells
    You can use 10 spell on your action bar

This means you can have 2 complete different active action bars, 1 for your dps specc and mayby one for your healing specc, and then 5 remaining spells for situational things.
    End of example

However, everything can change since it isn't live yet ;) So mayby they gonna change it so you can have every spell in your ''spell-book/tablet/space thingie'' and ofcourse the 10 on your action bar.

Also this is how i have understood things!! So it's not 100% accurate unless Scooter comes in and say ''Aye'' :p (..........waiting for Scooter :cautious:)