1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

will there be trash wiping in wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by bramokki, Aug 4, 2013.

1. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

hey,
    one of my biggest questions is : will there be trash wipe's and do you have to think about cc the enemy before the tank can go in, because i played alot of vannila wow and i liked the way a hunter had to freeze 1 trash mob the rogue had to sap the other mob etc.
    but i just played wow again and did some lvl 90 dungeons and it was only just run into the trash without thinking and just get heals from the healer and as a tank just taunt every mob and never die
    because u will get heals anyway.

so i hope there will be "thinking" before u go for the trash groups ( so everyone will be better in the endgame and u dont have people who dont know what cc is when they hit max lvl)
  2. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Sure. Groups die from all sorts of stuff in many MMOs. I see no reason why some groups won't be dying from trash.
  3. Vexed

Vexed Cupcake-About-Town

I expect and certainly hope so. I also don't mind a decent amount of trash, what annoys me is when they respawn after an hour or so. If the trash has been cleared, at least wait for a soft reset or a decent amount of time to bring them back.
  4. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

maybe i asked the wrong question but what i mean i hope there will be thinking before u engage like back in the day at vannila wow ( u had to cc 1 mob for 30 sec otherwise u would wipe because that 1 mob was able to make ur raid wipe) and that made it fun i dont think its fun to just run in without thinking and just not wipe. i think its more fun to just think before u engage trash and cc some mobs (that makes it hard)
  5. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I think there will definitely be thinking, even for "trash" mobs. I recall that a few people even said that they died in the very early zones of the game. So hopefully there just won't be that many trash mobs, or they will at least pose a bit of a challenge with a varying array of telegraphs and attacks. Hopefully they add in CC escapes to mobs as well. Since I know players have it, I know for sure that some enemies will have a certain amount of interrupt armour.
  6. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

yes they talked abit about interrupt armour in this vid
  7. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Mobs that require a little forethought?

I hope so. I do miss the challenge.

Other side of that coin? Carbine making sure that the classes/specs are useful in a raid/dungeon environment.

Nothing sucks like being left out of a raid or dungeon just because your picked class lacks utility in an encounter.

Although with large scale raiding being the norm I doubt this will be an issue.
  8. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

yes because in wow it was like 1 dps class (mages) that was the strongest and other classes didnt get invited to endgame raids because the didnt deal enough dmg or because u where melee u couldnt do a boss
    but the biggest issue i think is that pug raids in raid finder will wipe every time because of the hard trash
    i think they can fix it with just making leveling quite hard and early dungeons so people know what to do in the endgame stage
  9. Bifurcation

Bifurcation Cupcake

I like difficult trash. I don't see point of trash if it wasn't sightly difficult.
    However, the only time I thought it was fun to reclear trash over and over again was when the trash had a chance to drop quality loot.
  10. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

yes they should drop like almost boss drop and it should have 0,5% drop rate
  11. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope that raids won't take that long to clear the mobs between bosses, it was terrible in Vanilla WoW when trash mob clearing took could take hours. Babysitting ~40 people was a pain, and having people going afk every now and then didn't help either. I recall the game got much better in TBC, but that's just my opinion. :p
  12. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

yes i hope too that it wont take hours to clear trash but just let it be the same like in tbc but then with some forethought for cc so u feel like u accomplished something :p and yes when we are talking about 40 man raids they should make it like in tbc (maybe a little bit harder)
  13. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

Coordination and crowd controls makes the game interesting and more challenging, less yawn :sleep: in between lewts.
  14. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

lets hope they will put this into the game :)
  15. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Amen to that. After you clear the trash out of a dungeon, respawning before you complete it seems like the devs are saying that they can't think of anything creative to do in the dungeon, so they throw more trash mobs at you to make you take longer to finish.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oke...wow....where is the end of the sentence?.....
    Not really nice to read this way, try use the . , and the capital letters sometimes ;)

Marked bit = LFR is NOT in the game, so there's no problem with that.
  17. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

It looks like over several of the topics, that he hasn't read too much about the game in general.

;)
    Extatica likes this.
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yup he's just another newbie who posts before he reads :D nothing special here though :p
  19. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

I dont really care about grammar on forums, sorry if you where irritated by it.
    But i am happy to see that there wont be a lfr like in w*w.

thank you for your help
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm not really irritated by it, but I can understand some people (dyslexia) may have extra trouble reading some posts :D

Same reason why people ask others to sometimes use the ''space'' or ''enter'' if they write a very long story, it's just easier to read and easier to get your point across ;)

But YW on the rest, if you got any questions feel free to ask anytime :up: