1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Wild Star "Coddle the Lazy" Gamers ?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Savina, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Echo

Echo Cupcake

I agree totally with what others have said about the telegraph system as a slap upside the head to keep players focused. I will admit on my first and only 40 man pug MC in Vanilla was both scary and exciting, scary because I felt like a weak link being a green raid hunter* and exciting because I felt like I was connected with the other 39 players. I had a rush from that raid and tried to get into whatever raid I could get in smaller raids and literally a month after my first raid Burning Crusade was released. In spite of the fact I stopped raiding as DPS in BC and swapped between the roles of tank and healer each expansion the trend of getting so far (about half way) into endgame progression then an expansion was announced out followed me up to Cataclysm when I stopped playing WoW. I noticed each time an X-pac came out people didn't care about progressing endgame. I would say that is my fear for Wildstar and if that was to happen I would just get into PvP unless the capturing raid bosses to sick on opposing PvP teams is actually a good idea

as an orc hunter back then i'll let you decide if the pun was intended
  2. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

I don't quite know what it was about Cata that killed WoW for me. It happened to coincide with some life changes for me so that a regular raiding schedule wasn't an option, but even without that most of the people I know completely lost motivation. It's not even that the raid content in early Cata was bad; I went back to watch videos and both Cata launch raids and Firelands looked like a ton of fun. The Deathwing fights seemed a little "meh" though.

Now WoW is just so dated. I finally have a routine schedule that I could raid, but I really don't even care about it. Swtor, for all its flaws, made such innovation in the story-telling department. And games like GW2, which became a drag with no end-game, have movement based action combat that WoW just can't reproduce.
  3. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

In a 20-man raid you can only carry like 2 DPS (not tanks, no heals). Since the majority of players are DPSers there will be those who want to be carried through raids. I ran AQ and MC and refused to carry anyone. Lazy gamers can go play with people who have patience for that stuff. I can help hard working people through any raid, but not lazy. Ever. The End.

EDIT: To stay on topic, I don't believe WildStar will cater to these kinds of gamers. I'm hoping when it comes to raid content that they will try for the solo stuff where they have to work at it.
  4. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

Had all kinds of lazy people in the raids ive been in. Here are a few lazy "points" that ive lived through.
    • Refused to help on trash.
    • Never went to raid instance before raid had to be summoned every time.
    • Never corps ran.
    • Didnt bind interrupt cause it hindered his/her dps.
    • Whined about guild policy when it comes to progress but refusing to do anything about it themselfs.
    • Didnt gear up as far as they could before new raid beacuse its ok if we carry him for 2 weeks.
    There are quite a few horror stories for these points hehe :p
    Ianpact and Carebear Commander like this.
  5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

That sucks. I have always been in one of the top 3 guilds in any game I have played and we usually just kicked those type of people and had them blacklisted from the high end guilds.
    Malorak likes this.
  6. Grytswyrm

Grytswyrm Cupcake

All these stories seem so... nooby. If you don't want to play with bad people, join a better guild?
  7. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Look at Stormtalon's lair and how many telegraphs it has.

Then think about it: That's the first dungeon. Raids are supposed to be crazily hard and extremly difficult.

These people will die. This is also a reason why I want a battlelog-addon which shows you how much Damage, healing etc. has been dealt and how much was recieved and by what.

You can easily see how people died and when, also when they went AFK to eat pizza.
  8. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

Funny thing is, its from top 50 in the world guilds in WoW. And yes they all got kicked eventually, its just annoying that it has to come to that :)
  9. salazar

salazar Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't expect raids to take a month to complete for the very best guilds.
  10. atom

atom Cupcake-About-Town

Why is it annoying that you have to kick someone? That's like saying it's annoying to fire under-performing filth from the workplace. It's not at all annoying, it's fun(ny).
  11. Jabberwocky

Yes, it is fun to kick them to the curb but it is annoying that they have wasted your time. This is the reason that the top guilds go through a PITA and sometimes lengthy recruit process before you are ever allowed to join a guild raid.
    Malorak and Carebear Commander like this.
  12. Lokno

Lokno New Cupcake

I saw the Lazy Raiders play in Tahoe once. Decent vocalist and lead guitar, but the harmony just wasn't there.
  13. ratiller

ratiller New Cupcake

Lazy raiders will always exist..those guys who inevitably go afk right before all the trash clearing and magically reappear when it's time to pull the boss will always plague us.. the more concerning thing is the bad raiders, how many geniuses standing in fire..err a telegraph.. will it take for your raid to wipe? too many and guilds will have ridiculous amounts of dead weight and still beat content. Too few and very few will manage to beat raids (not necessarily a terrible thing imo)
  14. Jabberwocky

The harder the raids, the better off the end game will be. Either you're on point or you're not in the raid.
  15. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

10 world wide exploiter Guilds need not apply.... It will take a week for 1 persons account to get to level 50 playing 21.5 hours a day, and 2.5 hours of sleep. They do not get payed to play games, thus that would make them have to at most play ~8 hours a day. That'd be 18.75 days. For the a great guild they will have to have 40 people playing 8 hours a day, to not at least get to end game in a month. Keeping in mind, the developers said that their goal is to cut down 250 hours of game play for the 1st playthrough of a normal person. A normal high end guild, not the top that have players donating materials, gold, crafting for them, It will take over a month to get to end game and probably down the last 20 man boss.

The only people that will have it done in around a month, will probably have.

A.) Assistance on one character, 2 people rotating to get to max the fastest.
    B.) Accepting donations/credd to boost their effectiveness in leveling.
    C.) a large group of people doing every quest together. Which is out of the norm.
    D.) Exploits, the top guilds kept secret from carbine when they played in beta.

Over all, On most servers, It will be well over a month to down the first 40 man raid's last boss. And that is if they effectively cut the time by 100 hours from their current build. At 250 Ill give the best 40 group world wide a month and a half.

Oh and no one has finished the end game of FFXIV ARR yet. Why do you think this game will be easier, than FFXIV ARR. Basically, Claiming to be hard-core, then not being the hard-core MMO would be strange. WIth the leveling curve quicker than what the devs said in this game, and FFXIV having less end game, not leveling other jobs/classes. I think this game would take over a month. It's been over three weeks now, and not even ONE 8 Man group cleared the content. What makes you think a Real challenging 40 man raid would be easier to complete than that 8 man dungeon?

and there was an exploit, at a dungeon before the final dungeon in FFXIV that many players took advantage of it.

IF this game is not as hard as FFXIV, then.... well uhh, whats the drawing point of the raids here?
    Malorak likes this.
  16. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

Also consider that FFXIV had max level/geared characters from launch because of carry over from 1.0. It has still been 3 weeks. I'm really hoping WildStar lives up to the 'insane' moniker and they do not nerf content. I'd literally only be interested in the game if the content is truly challenging and it indeed takes weeks at minimum to clear the most highly tuned raids.

I think it is possible. The mechanics in that low level 5 man seemed better than most mmo(14 for sure lol). Getting 40 people to move in a coordinated way to avoid attack after attack should definitely prove too much for your average group.
    Malorak likes this.
  17. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

Those are pretty funny.
    One of mine...
    LK 10 in WoW..we had to pug a 10th. (BTW, when I returned to WoW during WOTLK and saw people pugging raids, my jaw dropped).

After defeating the first boss, we are about to pull the second boss. The pug goes "Guys, I need to go afk to make dinner".

We had a good laugh about it on vent, booted him and 9manned it the rest of the way.
  18. Scarzi

Scarzi Cupcake-About-Town

I am sure you will have to carry lazy people in a 40-man raid, it would be so hard to find 40 competent players. It was impossible in vanilla WoW. Hell, we would raid MC AQ40 and BWL with 25-28 and fill the rest with extra bodies. Most of the time we won't even get 40, but it didn't matter.
  19. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

I love how people never understand the reason to votekick such people. "Lol, rl>all n00b" is usually the first reaction.

If he knew that he has responsibilities, then he shouldn't have applied for the raid. The end.

BTT: I think it's still in the others players hands to either carry them through or just kick the guy. Easy as that.
  20. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

It became a long running joke with the guild. This was toward the ladder end of my WoW raiding, so we were pretty casual about it and laid back. Whenever one of us needed to stop and take a leak, we said we had to go cook dinner.
    Well, maybe it wasnt the end of my wow raiding. We did plow through Ragnaros in cata. I stopped playing WoW after that fight...guild relied on me to do literally everything, and everything that was gimmicky..

Chasing around that friggin bird, playing ping pong with the fireballs on rag and taking way more adds than I should have..And then watching people standing in fire time and time again. Ugh, I ultimately stopped after Rag, but they finished out dragon soul. <-- I digressed, apologies.