1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Wildstar have custom chat channels? And other chat questions

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Trigger, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

I took for granted the existence of custom chat channels in MMOs until I got to GW2. A custom chat channel is essentially a semi-private chatroom where you and anyone else who knows about the channel can come and talk to each other, independently of guilds, parties, or general or spatial chat.

This was great for community building and it is pretty much the reason why I am looking to join Wildstar even though GW2 is pretty much my perfect game. I am a social MMO gamer at heart and I need this little tool to really feel at home in an MMO.

Additionally, when GW2 did its first public beta, they didn't have spatial chat and had to put it in after fans' urging. This makes me wonder that maybe the obvious spatial chats and custom chat channels are not so obvious after all.

1. Will Wildstar have custom chat channels (not including the Circle chats)?
    2. Will Wildstar have a spatial chat?

I don't know if anyone knows or if anyone can say due to the NDA but it would be really great to know...
  2. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

1) From what I could see from available information, we don't know ;) Just confirmation on circle chat. The great news is that there will be adding that will add this feature (think there already is one). I do highly recommend Carbine to ensure this feature is ingame.

I don't know what spatial chat is, and wife is looking murderous at me so will leave you with just that!
  3. Polecat

Polecat New Cupcake

I do know that this game is going to be suuuper UI Addon friendly, they even said they are going to be giving out their source code with the UI editor that's coming with the game..at least according to what I heard on the gamebreakers show Unicorn duck shadowpuppet. Also packetdancer managed to make a friends list out of the UI soo if they don't have what your looking for some one might just make it.

its not a definite answer but its as close as I got.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

Spatial chat is chat with a limited range.
    Like /say
    It's a chat to use with people who aren't in your party but are close by. It's really great for when you're just hanging around with some people you're just getting to know (but aren't partied with and you don't want to broadcast the whole conversation across the zone) and pretty much essential for roleplaying.