1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Wildstar police its players better than wow?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xecks, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

im almost convinced that a gm in every servers main chat would be a bad thing now.
    some of me says if youre so afraid of a gm presence you might be a troll yourself.
    then another part of me says it snuffs out freedoms.

there does have to be a bite to infractions so people will think twice before going off on someone or saying very hateful things.

we just have to trust that the gms will deal with it well and nobody goes on a mad power trip and starts sacrificing babies to some sort of chua god.
    HappinessFactory likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well as long as the parents don't come at school with a baseballbat because you gave their child an F (they just didn't do anything and got everything wrong), then it's all oke :up:

PS: You're a teacher in Japan or...? And what have you learned? (what subject?)
  3. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Extatica, I think you misunderstood the meaning of the post you quoted. What I meant to say was that people like to think that parents took care of their kids better before the internet generation, but I beg to differ. They just let them run amok outside instead. Being outside and physically interacting with human beings was a lot more punishing so kids had to moderate themselves accordingly.

I hope this makes more sense and no hard feelings.
  4. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Well, there has always been bad parents but there are even more bad parents nowadays.

Not only is children running amok with their friends outside doing things like riding bikes, playing sports, etc, more healthy for them but it was also much needed human contact that promotes less socially awkward people.

Now people don't even bother with babysitters watching their children, because the children have grown up with babysitters known as cell phones, ipads, and video games on console or PC.

The children aren't to blame at all because most of the time they learned what they are doing from their parents.

I have met parents who completely ignore their children while they game and get the children their very own console or PC and let them bother other people online so they can focus on what they are doing.

Back in the day, you never heard of a mother forgetting her infant child was in the backseat of the car to die of heat stroke in 100+ degree weather because she was in a rush to get home in time for a raid or something that had to do with an MMO.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  5. Carebear Commander

I would like to think the ratio of bad parents to good parents has remained stable, but I reluctantly acknowledge that the ratio is more in your favor now. The reason being that life "back in the day" was a lot more punishing and increased the likelihood of competent parents.

I like to think the reason you didn't hear about bad parenting cases as much was because of the accessibility of information. We have more access to news around the world now than we ever have. It was most likely an issue dealt with in the community and not advertised.

Since this is deviating from the premise of this thread, this will be my last post related to this. Feel free to PM me if you think otherwise . . . or make one more post stating your opinion on the matter.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Nope I completely understood your post, hence the reason why I removed the biggest part of that post and just used the part I wanted to comment on :p

It's called ''turning things my way'' :D You should be used to it by now, if not...let me tell you i'll be doing this more often :coffee:
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

He is quite the disgusting, devious Dominion thug, ain't he?
  8. Carebear Commander

Lol that's fine, now I know what to expect in the future.

Nah just devious. He's a Chua, what do you expect?
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Self-detonation hopefully. Why not put their inventions to good use?
  10. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

You mean like blowing up every last Aurin in the universe?
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Yes, exactly.
  12. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

Japan's education system is, well, as Wikipedia puts it:
    I'm not quite sure "interesting phenomenon" are the words I would choose. :sneaky:

I'm an English teacher. I was a homeroom teacher at an English immersion Junior-Senior HS at that time.
  13. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

THIS ^
    now close this thread.
  14. Scarzi

Scarzi Cupcake-About-Town

WoW did a great job. Who cares if people talk <REDACTED> in chats, just block them if you can't stand it. What I care about is bots spamming gold etc.
  15. Carebear Commander

Never! It will get closed when we violate too many WSC rules and the mods shut it down.

Chua inventions are put to excellent use. By adding lasers and jet-packs to monsters, they make hunts that much more challenging for the draken!

Sincerely,
    Future draken scientist possibly raised by chua
    Jabberwocky likes this.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

I suppose that makes sense. Tougher hunts means more draken casualties, which means fewer Dominion pawns that I'll need to slay. Makes my line of work easier and it performs a great humanitarian service.
  17. Ahkronn

Ahkronn Cupcake

LOL

I love a good ironic post, even if unintended.
  18. Kallor

Kallor Cupcake

Ignore only fixes one half of the problem, it does nothing to improve the community.

Why is this forum the biggest WildStar forum with the most frequent Dev interaction? Moderation is a significant part of that in creating a useful community.

Ignore is the BEST thing an individual can do.
    Ignore is the WORST thing a moderator can do.

There are enough parallels between a forum and MMO chat for this to be relevant.
  19. Carebear Commander

B-b-but, that would mean less sexy draken huntresses around! Is that what you want?! :cry:
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Maybe. I'm not sure yet. Still, less Dominion is better, even if it means making some beautiful sacrifices. D: