1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will Wildstar Stay p2p? or will it go f2p eventually?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Chaddicus22, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

My views are educated, and shared by many people, sorry it displeases you so much.

The exceptions include old farts like you who simply pop in discussion to attack people personally without much arguments.

Yes I've spotted you in many many threads all over this website or others.
    One good example is the extra AMP / LAS discussion where so many agreed with the OP and you were the only one relentlessly coming to "win" the discussion despite being alone in this "fight".

1. Before you type in the future read the entire thread. Why? Because my view is based on the fact that F2P's gaming mechanics suck hard (most of the time anyway) as it's based on quick early ROI. You failed to grasp that it seems, but you're welcome to go educate yourself.

2. You got a valid point arguing than at times P2P's behave as f2P's. A bad thing indeed.

3. In LOL, Tribunal has shown zero improvement in "player toxicity" as you call it. Each time I logged back in (after a long time off) it was the same mess, be it me or my many gaming friends. So please don't try to fool people with RIOT fake statistics... I can have figures say what I want them to as well thanks.

4. Time-gating, albeit almost always a pain, is somewhat understandable in any case, especially when you invested 100 M$ and you want to see some of it back. Limited impulse buy per gamer pushes developers to limit team sizes, overall quality of services, and pushes time-gating in a hard hard way which is detrimental to that interesting concept called "fun". I've mentioned it but it disappeared amid your lip flap opinions.

5. You're totally wrong and have obviously no financial management experience to make statement that all gaming companies "work hard for their money". Guess what? Path of exile made tons of it and still development is slow and often lacking as they keep their team small in spite of it. Welcome to ROI bro. The same applies for RIOT which has not even developed a new map in years despite great earnings.
    On top of that they're asking customers to do the work for them mcdonald style (putting your tray yourself in the bin is a good example) by having that tribunal <REDACTED> (managed by players rofl...) cause they're here for the money not for your sake and fun. As long as you blind enough not to see the <REDACTED> all is good!

Let me add that it is much harder for "commoners" (lol) to appreciate companies earnings and thus if they actually pour enough of that money back into development when it's a F2P's. This is because business status impact on financial information disclosure. Obviously subs are no brainers, thus raises gamers' expectations, from all perspective on an average.

7. Next time don't just flap your lips by asking questions and burying info too (overall)... Thinking about "monetize better" here. Yeah as per 6. the business can monetize very well but as per my initial post section 2. it literally screws gamers as it ditches most of those "facts" down the drain.

8. "especially for those who want to try the game and find that they "can't" for some reason"

I am delighted to see them out! Mainly because if you spend a box and subs, can actually get banned for bad behaviour, then you're gonna behave a minimum. When things are totally free and you can create new accounts on the fly, too many don't give a <REDACTED> and behave like asses. Entry barrier indeed and one I approve of!
    Thanks for proving one of my "uneducated views" too --> go get a job Mr. I don't want to pay for anything.

To conclude:

My post was rather dry and I dared to call you an old fart, none sure it was appropriate but you sure corroborated that statement in your final paragraph.

Self-sustaining bias? You're one to talk...

Magic the gathering and <REDACTED>? If crappy money grabbing cons is your thing, please be my guest, you're indeed entitled to go for it and waste your cash. Now you have no right to drag others into that kind of mess by pushing your views with incorrect arguments. (e.g. comments like "hobbies are hobbies", generalizations, lip flap, etc...)

From what I gathered from your previous posts and behavioral tendencies, I can fairly expect some more non-sense, personal opinion, and caustic attacks. Who knows, instead off flapping your lips without making much sense and using aggressive wording we may for once see true arguments (there's always hope...). Otherwise please whine away!
    Seems you better wake up now, that dream of yours doesn't look too good!

Best regards!

(source: my MBA and life experience not being a keyboard warrior non stop...)
  2. atom

atom Cupcake-About-Town

Whoever has the PhD, link us your doctoral thesis and tell me in which peer reviewed journal you are published. I'm curious how dumb that is if your forum posts are this bad.
  3. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

Pondered, then read your signature. Made me smile, thanks for that! ;)
  4. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

You're right. Although Warcraft just made it more accessible to the masses in my opinion.
  5. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I would say wow greatest strength is its accessibility.

When I first played wow I commented how arcadey (is that a word) the control is and quite frankly was more than enough to keep me playing. The UI was decent but to be able to mod is fantastic.

The fact leveling via quests was also something great a bonus to the whole kill 10 rats things over and over again EQ was known.

world immersion isn't something I would put high on the factors that made wow the monolith that it is now as a large number of games before and after wow did that well.
  6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Personal experience != educated. Fake statistics? Thanks for proving that you are no different from a religious fundamentalist. Sorry to tell you, perception isn't reality.
    Val likes this.
  7. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

Hahaha so funny :D.

Thanks for proving all my points at once. (generalities, zero arguments, personal attacks, and so on...)

You sir should seriously start reading people's threads, especially that the bait was so obvious.
    Appalling really, that you actually wrote those lines after my previous comments. It shows you're not worth anyone's time and that your views can be dismissed straight on.

Hope you wake up soon, that nightmare of yours is affecting what's remaining of your brain!

Best regards!
  8. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Yea, this thread has run it's course. Locking before I have to start handing out Warnings.
    Kataryna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.