1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will WildStar support new Steam controller?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gronky, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

2. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Since they're not supporting consoles, why would they support the steam controller? I mean it's possible to adapt the game to make it fit the controller, but I doubt they'll develop it, especially at launch. Also, it hasn't even been determined that WS will be available on Steam, so if it's not, it's even less likely that it'll support the Steam controller.

Honestly, it'd just be a less effective way to play the game anyway, so I don't think there's a reason to do so...

For the master-race!
    Vilonic and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

For the master race indeed! Computer or GTFO!!!
  4. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

not really related on the topic but about the controller, liking the PTT key on there
  5. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think that push-to-talk button in the diagram is specifically a PTT button; I thought the picture above was listing the default controller layout for Portal 2. Unless you are just stating that you like the default location of the button and I misunderstood your comment.

Pretty sure the default PTT key is 'C' for Portal 2, which is what is labeled under 'Push to Talk' up there. It could probably be remapped to one of the other gamepad buttons.

Or it could be any button on my 360 gamepad when I'm playing Portal 2 on my PC.
  6. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

WildStar should not be compatible with controllers. Keyboard and mouse or go home.
  7. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

it's a open source controller, so it's not a question if Wildstar will suport it but if the controller will suport Wildstar.

Some one will most likely end up making it work with Wildstar.
  8. Gronky

It supposed to have input resolution similar to mouse and a lot of buttons and touch screen with buttons. I think it should work well with W*. I really wish Carbine guys will take an interest in it an let us know if they can support it. Also as BonusStage have mentioned it is possible somebody make controller work with W* couse of its openes.
    I also wish WS could run on SteamOS as it could run much faster on the same PC hardware.
  9. BonusStage

This is pure speculation, most games run extremly poorly on Linux, we cant tell how well SteamOS will perform until we have seen it in action, but if it's anything like L4D running on unbuntu i woudnt hold my breath about it.

Windows is not a bad plataform for games, in fact it is currently the best one, Gabe is talking the plataform down because he wants to make it seem like he is saving the PC industry when what he is really doing is trying to compete with the console market
  10. Gronky

11. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

That looks an awful lot like a screen shot of 4chan.

And I'm pretty sure the disclaimer on 4chan says something about only an idiot would believe anything posted there was a fact.
  12. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

If people want to gimp themselves, I say go for it. Easy kills for me.
  13. Gronky

Well, what he says has sense more than less. Maybe guy isn't just very confident, thus the disclaimer...
  14. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I think as long as you can get roughly 10 buttons, and Decent movement, I could see someone doing something with it. I personnaly am very comfortable with my mouse and keyboard, but hey to each their own.
  15. BonusStage

Valvle is trying to get the marketing train going, so of course they will say their OS is the best OS, but it will not replace windows as a Desktop system anytime soon, nor will it be as stable as Windows is , at least not at launch.

dont belive anything that Valvle says untill their OS is released for the general public and we have actual people using it
  16. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

You misunderstand. The disclaimer is on the site because it is full of liars and trolls. Anything that comes from 4chan needs to be taken with a very very large grain of salt. So what you have a screen shot of may in fact be a Valve employee who's sharing stuff he probably shouldn't be, but what you likely have is a screenshot of someone trying to troll the videogames sub-forum there.
  17. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

Man play with keyboard. Kid play with controller. Nuff said.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Thanks for the thuglyfe translation.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  19. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

Will you be able to plug in the controller and have it work perfectly with WS?
    NO!
    Will you be able to spend a little time to adapt the controller to work with WS?
    Most Definitely!

The same way with a little work you can adapt an xbox 360 controller to work with WoW and GW2.

But don't expect Carbine to put anytime into making a PC game compatible with it!
    Witless likes this.
  20. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

So much hate for controllers in this thread. You guys must have gotten beat in a game of CoD or something. Or maybe you were one of the 10 guys who actually bought Shadowrun and you lost to an Xbox player.
    Witless and Gronky like this.