1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will you be able to PvP Solo successfully?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Absolute, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Absolute

Absolute Cupcake

Dear ones,

I am really eager to know if one is able to PvP in WildStar Solo successfully. Like in OpenPvP for example. Is there any information regarding non-group play?

Since WS offers much to avoid getting hit, in the end it really might get down to actual skill in PvP. Hopefully!

What are your thoughts on: Will you be able to PvP Solo successfully?

Kind regards :)
  2. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Guessing fights will be very long, like in TERA, as both players to try to hit each other between their dodges and <REDACTED>.
  3. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

Well soloqueue is enabled as far as i know so yes i think you can say soloing in PvP is doable

The question of getting crushed by a squad if filthy noob premades is another matter :D
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I do hope so, but then again it'll be a search for that one person that suits my playstyle aswell to form a 2v2 arena team.

Rated BG i would solo, it's kinda no need for a partner (atleast i think so). As for those premades.....mayby we gonna see alot more of those because now it's rated, but i do hope not.
  5. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Hmm, I find it awkward that someone might want to "solo" pvp. Duels for fun, or to test yourself, sure. But the fun is in coordinating with others to crush your opponents. Guess, that's what I've been seeing in WoW for years, solo pvpers, and never realized that's how people look at it!

Think I might have an issue with "solo" mentality in bgs. It's that that usually kills the fun, or did in WoW.

As for open world pvp, as long as it's not objective based, when group effort is required, I hope you get loads of fun soloing, since you seem to enjoy that :)
  6. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

There's a certain joy to be taken from solo OPvP though, pop on some trance and just hunt down players or small groups just trying to PvE...
  7. Compella

Compella Cupcake

You should be able to solo 2-3 people if you are an exceptional player and the players align for your telegraphs.
  8. Alverad

Ha, fair enough. I usually play on pve realms, hence the ignorance :D The only time I ever was pursued, or seeked revenge 1 on 1 was in Wintergrasp/Tol Barad :p
  9. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

I was thinking it would be fun if they did a 20man battle ground like they do arena, where if you die, you stay dead until the next round. It would make lots of people more aware of healers/ death. It would also allow players to shine more, instead of throw urself at the enemy time and again.
  10. Alverad

Trouble with that idea is....people :D This would only be fun with premades of some sort, which would essentially end up as massive arena bracket. Can't imagine it being anything other then frustration and quit fest with random folks in group.
  11. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Define "success".

Open world PvP is also not about "success" as it's by core design -unfair-.