1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will you check the box?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Kataryna, Apr 4, 2013.

?

Will you check the box?

1. Yes! My server only!

84 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. No! X-Server please!

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Will you check the Box for Same Server Only?

Yes! means that you will check it (even if only sometimes)
    No! means you'll probably never (or very very rarely) check it

edit: Poll here. discussion over there please
  2. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

I voted no to be edgy and I never used chat roulette so I don't know the horrors that await me with random dungeon finder
  3. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

lol dat poll
  4. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

There should be a some times check box. :geek:

I would check it if no one is joining on my server. Er uncheck it, go cross server.
  5. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Completely situational for me. The Both option is always neglected. Poor Both option.
    Patrician and Soylentgreen like this.
  6. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I agree, implementation of dungeons and my personal available playtime at the moment will count for a lot here.
  7. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely needed a "sometimes" option.
    I will try my hardest to stick to the server groups, but if I'm waiting for multiple hours, then I'll probably uncheck that box.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i sowwy :( i'm not really here today, my head is somewhere else....i would have made a "Depends" or "Sometimes" button if my head had been attached to my body....
  9. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

yes, 99% of the time. quality > quantity.

Thank You Carbine!!
    Rakkis and Joukehainen like this.
  10. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

So you're still checking the box. Only not always. 'No' is never checking it. ;)
    Solomon Hans and Kataryna like this.
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

there we go, i edited my post up there to state that :) make it a bit easier on peoples :D
  12. Draegan

Draegan Cupcake

Cross server please. I want to run dungeons without waiting. I've played too many games with same server queues only and it often takes hours to run lower level dungeons sometimes.

Anyway, I hope they prioritize same-server people in the cross server queue.
    OGee likes this.
  13. OGee

OGee New Cupcake

This...but not exactly. I mainly PvP so if I am online and no other guildies are available I will probably do some solo queuing from time to time. I think that X-Server queuing is great for PvP especially after my experience in Swtor where before server consolidations queuing for PvP could have some painful q times.

I know the counter is that everyone will say that there has to be same server PvP rivalries but I think those rivalries can be built X-Server as well.

TBH I see the biggest rivalries happening between top Arena teams and the top Warplot teams so I am not worried because I think with the competitive rating system strong PvP guild rivalries will naturally occur.
  14. Draegan

Draegan Cupcake

Cross server queues most likely won't effect the arena/bg crowds because of the web development tools that Wildstar says they are installing.

Most studios miss the point that a lot of people spend half the time "playing the game" by just reading forums or checking out different online sites of their game. Just look at all the sites WOW has floating around that. Thankfully Wildstar seems to recognize this and they are creating leaderboards, profiles and other stuff that allows people to participate in the game without playing.

If you're reading about the game you're still engaged in the community. The more tools Wildstar has that increases their internet footprint, the better.
  15. Titbiscuit

Titbiscuit Cupcake

My server only, solely for these 2 reasons:

1: You get to know people from your server, it creates a way better atmosphere.
    2: Shorter queues.

While I find reason 1 way more important, reason 2 is also why people will favor 1 over 2 in general I assume.
    Mat'hir Uth Gan likes this.
  16. Soylentgreen

But all logic and experience suggests that X-Realm would result in shorter queues
    Khrusky likes this.
  17. Titbiscuit

Titbiscuit Cupcake

Surely not, because people favor playing with people from their own server rather than on other shards. It results into more signing up for playing with and against their own server, thus shortening the queues.

This ofcourse only counts on healty servers.
    Mudfin likes this.
  18. Mat'hir Uth Gan

Mat'hir Uth Gan Cupcake-About-Town

I hate cross server queues for dungeons. I hate dungeon finders in general. It's not that hard people to simply make friends on your server. Sure you might have to participate in global chat and treat others with respect, and I know that's such a massive burden, but it is an MMO afterall. Once upon a time, back around 1998 or so, an MMO actually meant you had to be social to be successful. No auction houses, no quest hubs and soloing, no dungeon finders. You had to interact, intentionally, with other players to play the game. And your reputation and manners actually meant something within the server.

"Everyone" on the server would be more than happy to group with each other for dungeons and general leveling if only the developers were smart enough to go back to MMO roots and remove soloing as an option. There are single player RPGs for that experience.
    Dnevnoy and Joukehainen like this.
  19. Soylentgreen

I don't mean to sound contrary but the whole reason X-Realm was invented was to decrease queue times now granted the option to turn it off or on changes this as not everyone is forced into X-realm but even so if we assume just 10% of a server having X-Realm turned on and 10 roughly equal size servers you will have more of a pool to draw on then the same server pool and I think the game is likely to have more than 10% using X-realm at some point and more than 10 servers.
  20. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

No, I won't. Two reasons:
    1. I don't really hate grouping with ppl from other servers, as some ppl here do obviously after suffering through some horror stories. :rolleyes:
    2. Having a lower pool for group members means increased waiting time between dungeons.
    Titbiscuit likes this.