1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Will you play a Male or Female?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by BLAPPiN, Nov 2, 2013.

1. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

Hey guys,
    I'm just here at work trolling the forums and i thought it might be fun to see what gender people plan on playing. Is there a reason?

As of now I'm leaning towards female medic (bcuz of defibrillators), probably human even though i don't usually like to play humans because they are boring.. in the terms that I am a human lol....
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

a dark blue male aurin with vibrant markings and black fur with tiger stripes, male aurin because their awesome
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

4. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

5. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

Future - Alien - Science Fiction - Space

You limit yourself to just 2 sex? Maybe some are both? Maybe some races have 4?

Silly Human!
    Roda and Gronky like this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Let's not complicate sexual relations further.
  7. Slapstick

Slapstick New Cupcake

It will all come down to who has the best animations for me. Hopefully i will be able to try out the different races, both female and male in the upcoming beta. Fingers crossed
    Gronky likes this.
  8. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

My issue with lumping this with the "Do you play the other gender" thread is that they are asking two different questions that happen to touch a similar subject. This threads title leads to me question if I want to plan out a characters sex along with class race and path, or if I should just go with what I feel would fit the character better.

Which brings me to my answer to this threads question: If I just want to jump into the game on a class I believe will be fun, I will prolly choose the sex that looks more appealing. If I got out of my way to make a character with a back story that's when it gets complicated, recently I've been throwing a fair amount of spare Pathfinder characters together including a Lawful Evil Bandit(rogue) that specializes in using a 'family' heirloom to sunder the armor and weapons of guards incase a job goes south.

This Rogue is a female, who's backstory involves her original parents being killed by her new bandit family and her being raised in the theiving trades, starting out as the young girl luring well-intentioned folk into traps to make some quick coin.This character started out as me trying to maximize the most damage out of backstabs, then making a backstory for them when deciding on a name and alignment.
  9. heavyscythe06

heavyscythe06 Cupcake

if we can have multiple characters over different servers like in WoW then I will probably have a few male and female characters.

Why? well because I like variety, looking at the same characters/models for too long gets boring.
  10. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I usually just play the gender that I think looks the best, so no preference really. In WoW for example I had a female human and night elf because the male versions looked retarded. But in Wildstar I think the male version of every race looks better, except for maybe the aurin (but they're butt ugly anyway).
    Mondasin likes this.
  11. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Hottest > Coolest for me. This translates usually to hot human females and cool males for other races. I'm sure that rats will be rats anyway.
  12. Murais

Murais New Cupcake

... Yes.

I play both. I'm a veteran PnP player (which is probably more modest when compared with people who started on AD&D), and I learned a long time ago that sometimes it's fun and more expansive to play the other gender as well. I'm an alt-aholic anyway, so I'm currently planning on rolling a Human Male Warrior and Mechari(or Draken) Female Stalker as my next character. The rest will depend on what aesthetically I prefer for my class or character to look like.
    Rumze likes this.
  13. Katherine

Katherine Cupcake-About-Town

I always play female characters because I just can't relate to a character of the opposite gender. I tried playing a male Tauren once in WoW, it didn't last. I'll probably try a male Granok at some point, but I doubt that will last aswell :p
  14. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

but male Granoks rock...

someone please stop me.
    Xlugon Pyro, Malorak and Katherine like this.
  15. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

Female Mechari, because they're both cool AND hot.
  16. Biken

Biken New Cupcake

Mechari female, hopefully they have awsome animations.
    In the end of the day its all about the race/gender animations that will make me choose what to play.
  17. PawRevere

PawRevere New Cupcake

A male mechari...everyone loves robo balls.

I've also had trouble getting really attached to female characters. Either that or I male them waaay too good looking and then I get reaaally attached.
  18. Laerune

Laerune New Cupcake

I play both genders, but it realy depends on which one looks better. I am still undecided between a Draken or a Chua.

I do know that if I were to make a Mechari, then I would play a female one.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

In other words, they're COT!!!!